Votes: 34 2.9%
  • Low Grade Only (87)

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Doesn't Matter To Me

Votes: 11 0.9%

• Total voters

glider.

BOT Machine
What grade of gas do you use in your Harley?

Should be interesting to see what's used.

Feel free to leave your comments.

Please keep all lengthy conversations and questions in the proper forum instead of posting them in the POLL threads.

The POLL threads are for gathering information on the products and not for discussions about the products themselves .

The FUEL forum is for the questions and answers.

Engine, Fuel and Exhaust - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now I am using Shell gasoline and a mom & pop store brand but both are 93 octane. Depends on the price. So far no problems at all.

I tune my bikes to run on 91 anything but my choice at the pump if I can get it is Sunoco 93. I also carry Lucas Liquid HP to add if I end up with a tank of bad gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I alway put in super, but I've noticed from state to state the octane in the super can really vary. also a lot of place are going to ethanol.

97 or 98 octain from BP (ultimate) or Shell (V power plus), both the BP ultimate and Shell V power plus, have lubricants and cleaners which maintain performance.

WB

97 or 98 octain from BP (ultimate) or Shell (V power plus), both the BP ultimate and Shell V power plus, have lubricants and cleaners which maintain performance.

WB

Do you mean 87 in your post or do you have some super duper gas where you are at?:shock

Highest we have is 93 octane.

Good point about the cleaners.

Always try to run highest octane, in NC it is mainly 93 octane and I prefer BP Super. They used to sell racing fuel at a local gas station that was 102 octane. Scared I might burn a piston though.

I always use 93. Price difference means I might spend 50 cents more per tankful from mid-grade, so I don't worry about price so much anymore, just performance.

Back