free website stats program Grade Of Fuel Poll | Page 27 | Harley Davidson Forums

Grade Of Fuel Poll

Grade Of Fuel Used

• Hi Test Only (93)

Votes: 863 73.3%
  • Mid Grade Only (91)

Votes: 241 20.5%
  • Lower Grade Only (89)

Votes: 34 2.9%
  • Low Grade Only (87)

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Doesn't Matter To Me

Votes: 11 0.9%

• Total voters
I use the highest grade available and stay away from Sunoco as it seems to get me less mpg than shell bp or Exxon
It's absolutely true that Sunoco gas burns faster and gives you less miles per gallon and still doesn't give any better performance. I noticed it in my vehicles and my wife said to me one day that her car was using a lot of gas with Sunoco. I changed the brands in my vehicles and noticed a significant difference .

I have recently been running 89 octane alcohol free gas here in Jacksonville Florida with pretty good results:s

I like using road ranger they have 93% and if you use the free card ya get i think 5 cents off a gallon or something like that.

I like Shell 93.In our area it is the only ethenol free fuel you can find.

Recently bought my 07 Sportster 1200C. tried a tank of 87 octane, and noticed a significant reduction in miles. My light went on at about 100 miles. Switched back to premium (93) and now it doesn't come on until about 150-160. I did do a lot of stop and go riding, coupled with a lower octane fuel = reduced MPG. I didn't notice any difference in performance other than MPG.

I usually put the highest octane they have, but yesterday i wasn't thinking and i put in the cheap stuff. i pulled out and realized what i did and said (EDIT) . i am thinking of draining it and putting good stuff in. dump the cheap stuff in my car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back