free website stats program Grade Of Fuel Poll | Page 28 | Harley Davidson Forums

Grade Of Fuel Poll

Grade Of Fuel Used

• Hi Test Only (93)

Votes: 863 73.3%
  • Mid Grade Only (91)

Votes: 241 20.5%
  • Lower Grade Only (89)

Votes: 34 2.9%
  • Low Grade Only (87)

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Doesn't Matter To Me

Votes: 11 0.9%

• Total voters
I usually put the highest octane they have, but yesterday i wasn't thinking and i put in the cheap stuff. i pulled out and realized what i did and said (EDIT) . i am thinking of draining it and putting good stuff in. dump the cheap stuff in my car.

If you are that concerned why not just add some Seafoam or different type of fuel additive. You may end up with more problems than just cheap gas...:bigsmiley6:

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the highest octane in, but stay away from the ethanol mixed fuel. It is harmful to some metals and I don't want to hurt anything in my engine. The same with my cars. I have one car that is flex fuel rated, so I use the ethanol mix in that only.

And the point is?

Fact is alcohol free 89 gas will make more power and NOT detonate as quickly as 91 octane gas with alcohol and make as much power, don't believe it try it :s The Alcohol burns at a different rate and will not help these already lean bikes JMO from my experiences with these blends of gas

Fact is alcohol free 89 gas will make more power and NOT detonate as quickly as 91 octane gas with alcohol and make as much power, don't believe it try it :s The Alcohol burns at a different rate and will not help these already lean bikes JMO from my experiences with these blends of gas

Thanks Jack. We just got a couple of the stations around here that are carrying 89 octane marine gas without ethanol and I have been wanting to give it a try. Your opinion carries a lot of weight with me and a lot of other members. Thanks again.

Thanks Jack. We just got a couple of the stations around here that are carrying 89 octane marine gas without ethanol and I have been wanting to give it a try. Your opinion carries a lot of weight with me and a lot of other members. Thanks again.

:s Try a tank full and see what you think, I feel my bike has as much power and does not seem to run as hot, it also starts better:s

:s Try a tank full and see what you think, I feel my bike has as much power and does not seem to run as hot, it also starts better:s

With as much as I know you ride, that is good enough reason for me to give it a try. I'll run 5 or 6 tanks through and let you know. But I'm pretty sure we all know that if it works for you no reason it won't work for the rest of us.

Your results may vary depending on engine build, cams etc. Mileage and carbon build up may also play a factor here,, this is the most common cause of pre ignition:s

Back