free website stats program GOOD Dealers And Experiences | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

GOOD Dealers And Experiences

Greenville Harley Davidson in Greenville SC. So far everything they have done and service is great. And even though I did not buy buy Sportster from them they still give me a 10% discount on parts and accesories

Wild West Harley Davidson in Lubbock, Tx. Sold me my bike nearly msrp. Great service. Free first oil change and check-up. Got a plaque in the mail with my name, vin, dealer name and a pic of my exact bike on it and in the background the Flag and an eagle. Pretty cool. Great bunch of guys. All of them made sure that I knew everything about my Street Bob. Called me a week later to tell me also that I get a free detail job on it at anytime. Oh and gave me 10% of everything and free T-shirts for my wife and I.

Fritz's Harley Davidson - Stamford, CT

Fritz has two shops...one in Stamford, CT. and one in Bridgeport, CT. Between the two they have 5 HD Master Technicians covering all 7 of the specialities. (To the best of my knowledge, there are no other dealers in the area who have any of the HD-trained Master Technicians. Fritz also has some of the lowest labor rates in the area and he gives a 20% discount on parts.

On my '09 FLHR, I just had the SE 103 kit installed, Renegade wheels, ceramic coating on the headers, Rinehart slip-ons, pull-back internally wired bars and chrome brake and clutch cables. Can't wait for Spring!!!

Sharky

Are we talking about the same place?

$110 an hour last time I was there and they get you for shop supplies on every bill regardless of what they do. As far as their techs, I can't even give most of them them a thumbs up at all especially the service manager.
Last time I asked for my 10%, they just smiled but this was all a few years back.

Sorry bud!

Sharky

Are we talking about the same place?

$110 an hour last time I was there and they get you for shop supplies on every bill regardless of what they do. As far as their techs, I can't even give most of them them a thumbs up at all especially the service manager.
Last time I asked for my 10%, they just smiled but this was all a few years back.

Sorry bud!

Must have been a looonnnng time ago Glider. Labor rate during the riding season is $85/hour. Off season it is less. And, the 10% parts discount was applied to a "frequent buyer card" that could be redeemed at fixed points. That card has now been eliminated (current cards redeemed for gift certificates equal to value) and Fritz now has a 20% parts and merchandise discount plus a points program in addition.

The guys I generally ride with have all had really good experience with the technicians. I looked in on my bike several times while it was being upgraded last month and the technician was incredibly helpful, spending a lot of time with me and making helpful suggestions.

Last edited:
Glad to see they have changed. They were headed downhill in a hurry with the internal problems they had there back a couple of years ago, attitudes abounded there when this was happening and no discounts for anybody at all even if you had an account registered there and got discounts in the past.

I guess they saw the error of their ways.

Glad to see they have changed. They were headed downhill in a hurry with the internal problems they had there back a couple of years ago, attitudes abounded there when this was happening and no discounts for anybody at all even if you had an account registered there and got discounts in the past.

I guess they saw the error of their ways.

The free market is a wonderful thing! :D I think all of that stuff is well behind them. I really enjoy going in there. Everyone is friendly and helpful!

It seems that most of the custom shops around here are going out of business but there is a shop in Burleson, Tx named Thunder Alley that will probably never go out of business because they are a family shop and are the most honest and knowledgeable people that I have ever run across in this business. Friendly, helpful, always have time to do what ever it takes to solve your problem or get you the part you need. They also have a Dyno, Have a custom seat Dept. and one of the finest custom paint shops right next door.

Fingerprints part 2

So I finally set up the appointment and brought the bike into thunder mountain of Denver. I refused to talk to anyone other than a manager, in this instance it was the service manager Andrew. Anyway, he seems to be on board with fixing the throttle, but he refuses to admit fault on the fingerprints. He wasn't rude, he just never said they would fix it. Bothered me a bit, but I kept it all under control. They had it all day Wed. and most of the day Thu. So I went in there yesterday after work and they inform me there is a slight problem. That's like hearing the dentist say "oops". Not at all what I wanted to hear. So we (Andrew and I) head back to the garage and he informs me that the throttle is fixed, no big deal, and they were able to get all the finger prints and smudges off the console. :D:skipping I'm one happy camper now. And I gotta tell you, it looks awesome.

So the problem....the guy that was doing the buffing on the console accidently nicked that chrome ring that sits around the speedometer (I don't know what its actually called). I need to stress how small this nick was, if they had not been honest and pointed it out, it would have been weeks or months before I ever noticed. They offered to replace the ring (which they would have to order) or replace with an upgraded one that was much thicker (and in stock) and I think looks awesome on my bike. :p So I gladly accepted.

If that were not enough....the other thunder mountain (in Loveland) is where I purchased my bike. There were swirl marks in the tank but I never pointed it out. I was to excited to get it out of there I guess. Over use I ended up putting more scratches in the tank. Well, while they were fixing the issues with my bike Andrew had them buff out all those scratches. My bike looks better than the day I bought it, no joke.

I hate to hear those stories where people were mistreated by their Harley shops, you pay for this amazing machine and you should be treated better. Thunder mountain of Denver did just that, it was probably the best customer service I have ever had in my life. Thanks for all the advice and help all, I appreciate it.

Back