free website stats program Forward controls | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Forward controls

I have forward controls on mine and love them. they are great for long rides. It may take a little time to get use to them but I'm sure you will love them.

I am 6'5" tall and had forward controls on another bike. It was ok. But on this bike I am staying with mid controls. South Florida has lots of crazys you have to be on the lookout for while riding in heavy traffic. I have more control with the mids but put on the front pegs for when i am on longer rides on backroads.

Same. Left the mids and put on some forward pegs to stretch out occasionally. I like being able to switch on the fly.

6'1" and bought a 2007 FXDL which had forwards with heel rests installed. I never had forwards before and was a little hesitant thinking control might be an issue. It wasn't. It took me less than an hour in the saddle to be completely comfortable with them. The heel rests are key. No more mids for me.

I kept the mids on my street bob because that is what I grew up on and I like the control better. I did put forward pegs on it though for when I want to kick back and relax. Plus a helluva lot cheaper than buying forward controls:D

I am 6' 2" and put the 300 bucks down for the HD forwards for my 09 Street Bob and feel that it is the best money I have spent so far. Good luck with them.

Just got done installing mine about 5-6 rides ago. Took me a little while to get used to them, but now that I am love them. Best money and time spent.

Back