free website stats program Forward controls | Harley Davidson Forums

Forward controls

DynaBike

I'm about 6'2 and it seems to me my knees are a bit high with mid controls. Does it make a big comfort difference for long rides to swap to forward controls on a Dyna ? I have never ridden anything but mids. Just trying to determine if it's worth the cost.

Thanks

My dyna wide glide is a 94 and is fitted with extended reach forward controls and this is very comfortable for me although at first i thought the were too much of a stretch but once i got used to them they are great im 5ft 10"
I have since fitted extended reach forward controls to my softal custom and again helbs delay numb bum

Brian

I am 6'3" had them on Sportsters,Softails and looking to fit them on my new 09 Road Glide....great for us long leg types....

Oh yeah! Its like day and night, much more comfy. Im 5'11 and i actually wish they were about 2 in further forward. I dont like mids and i feel im to tall for them as well. Look into it, you will not be disappointed.
-Ride safe

Mid-controls feel like I'm crouching where as forward controls feel more like I'm sitting. I'm only 5'9" but, prefer the forward controls. My knees appreciate it too.

I'm about 6'2 and it seems to me my knees are a bit high with mid controls. Does it make a big comfort difference for long rides to swap to forward controls on a Dyna ? I have never ridden anything but mids. Just trying to determine if it's worth the cost.

Thanks

Forward controls especially for taller riders is a very good thing and worth the cost...depending on how fancy and how much you are willing to consider. The basic forward controls can be had just by looking at part numbers in the HD Parts or the Parts and Accessories Catalog ("--they are free" but always end up "costing your pocketbook a bit...almost like magic"...:lolrolling (if you want classic looking stock or "off the shelf ones")...otherwise the sky is the limit.

I actually started with forwards, but sometimes when the going gets "rough" I like "mids" so I can stand on the pegs a bit, lowering the center of gravity. :33:

I am 6'-5" and put extended forward controls on a super glide custom. Would not be comfortable without them and I couldn't take long rides without them. Not stretched out at all, but comfortable. You might scrape the pegs a little earlier, but I have not found it to be an issue.

I am 6'3'' and I put the kuryakyn extended kit on my low rider with their switch-blade pegs and I love them. The install was easy, just make sure you have the right tools before you start.:)

I would suggest leaving the mid controls and just adding extra set of foot pegs up front,much more econimical and you will have two places to change it up a bit on long rides

Back