free website stats program Forward controls | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Forward controls

I would suggest leaving the mid controls and just adding extra set of foot pegs up front,much more econimical and you will have two places to change it up a bit on long rides

Ditto on that. When I bought my Street Bob, it had forward controls already installed. The problem is, although they are comfortable for awhile, my legs eventually get tired in that position and I have no where to go from there. My stator rotor recently blew up, so while I have the chain case off, I'm reinstalling mid controls. I'll get a set of "highway" pegs and then have two options to rest my legs. Also I feel more in control of the bike when braking, shifting, and slow-speed maneuvering from the mid control position. But then there's the other argument that if you are cruising with your feet on "highway" pegs, in an emergency, there's that split second it takes you to move your feet down to the mid pegs to take action...

QehQeh

QehQeh, not just a feeling but reality, as having mid controls moves the center of gravity to the center of the bike directly under the rider, especially when running on stutter bumps in either a straight line or a curve. It is the a main reason behind the "mass centralization" design ideas for racing as the bike pivots easily when the mass is centered within the wheel axis...

I would keep the mid pegs & add highway pegs, I ride a Dyna lowrider with forward controls, very comfortable, but on very long journeys you're stuck in one position & the base of my spine gets very sore, I also own a 1200 Sportster with standard mid controls plus highways pegs on this you can move about, you've got a choice, its a far more comfortable long distance ride.

Careful Stamford, you actually stated a Sporty is more comfy then a Dyna...hoobooy! LOL :laugh (Don't say it too load, and let anyone know, but I agree...forwards only is not my cup-o-tea...multi-positions is the way to go), just go down a rocky dirt mountain road for 15 or 20 miles and you'll know why. :D

I have forward controls on my Street Bob. I'm 6'2" and would like to go with the 2" extended forward controls. Mid pegs would be OK for longer rides for a change of position. Bags, windshield and rack also go on for my longer rides and I HATE all of them but they are a necessity.

Forward controls, not just forward pegs are the way to go!

MAXIMUM size for pics is 800 X 600 in size. Over sized pics make it difficult to moderate the thread and will be removed.

Thanks

I have has a couple of Dyna Wide Glides. They come with forward controls, but I added mid pegs. I really like it on long rides. It gives me a position change, and at my feeble age, that helps a lot. All of the Dyna frames are drilled and tapped for the mid pegs, so it was a piece of cake to add them. I leave them up most of the time, but just kick them down while riding when I need a change. Of course as others mentioned, when I am using the mid pegs, I don’t have quick access to the rear brake, or shifter, so I only use them on pretty open roads.

Here are a couple if pics from my previous bike with this setup. My current bike has the same setup, because I love it, but I don’t have any recent pics that show the pegs well.

rick1062-albums-rick%27s+bikes-picture4286-mid_pegs_sml.jpg

rick1062-albums-rick%27s+bikes-picture4285-mig_pegs_bridge.jpg

Back