free website stats program Flat rear tire + Crash + H.O.G. Roadside Assistance = Bad Day | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Flat rear tire + Crash + H.O.G. Roadside Assistance = Bad Day

The insurance settle offer doesn't have to be accepted by you. You have the right to get different estimates and the insurance company has to pay for the parts and the labor of the repair. Find out the cost of painting and compare that to the cost of replacing.

When I got hit by a car on my '97 Honda shadow the insurance company offered me $1100 and was going to total the bike. it took about 2 months but when I was done with them I had a check for $500 for the 2 I could have rented a car on their dime and didn't and another check for $4800 to repair the bike and the bike wasn't totaled.

It might be fast for you to get the check from the insurance company and the work yourself or find a shop that can get to it sooner. But before you accept a check make sure it's enough to get the bike fixed. and your happy with the amount.

Update on bike is $3100. to fix damage and I was told 8 - 10 weeks :wallfor painted parts because HD does not stock painted parts and they paint them as needed. ( you buy a new fender from Harley and they paint it the color you need it) ?????? :bigsmiley15: I was actually starting to feel better till I heard this...

If the fender is the only thing holding it up you could always ride without a front fender for a little while......I been there and done that and I actually kind of liked the way the bike looked with out one.

Back