free website stats program Fat boy, heritage and deluxe. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fat boy, heritage and deluxe.

I've had my Heritage for almost 6 years and love it. I do some road trips and have one planned for May to Vermont. Great ride and I go 2up with the wife most of the time, loaded to the max with no issues.

I had a 92 Heritage till I bought my Road glide last year and for around town and a little touring the Heritage is a fine bike. I only traded up for the better ride and extra amenities of the touring platform, radio and cruise control. If you love the look of the Softails but want the ride of the touring bikes you might check out the Road King.

ONLY NEW TO ALL THIS ,
BUT IN SAYING THAT I HAVE A DELUXE AND SOMETIMES IS A BIT WOBBLY WHEN YOU COME DOWN FROM CRUISING AT120kph TO A MODDEST 50kph ,FIRST HARLEY RIDEN AND FIRST HARLEY OWNED AND SURELY WONT BE THE LAST GAURANTEED. IN COMPARISON TO SOFTAIL CUSTOM I FOUND THE CUSTOM TO BE VERY LIGHT IN THE FRONT AND HEAPS OF CLEARANCE WERE I USUALLY SCRAPE OUT ON MY BOARDS .CHECK UP THE SPECS IT MIGHT HELP WITH WEIGHT AND SEAT HEIGHT ETC AS I FOUND IT USEFULL ,AS FOR THE DELUXE SHES HERE TO STAY...:newsmile108:

ONLY NEW TO ALL THIS ,
BUT IN SAYING THAT I HAVE A DELUXE AND SOMETIMES IS A BIT WOBBLY WHEN YOU COME DOWN FROM CRUISING AT120kph TO A MODDEST 50kph ,FIRST HARLEY RIDEN AND FIRST HARLEY OWNED AND SURELY WONT BE THE LAST GAURANTEED. IN COMPARISON TO SOFTAIL CUSTOM I FOUND THE CUSTOM TO BE VERY LIGHT IN THE FRONT AND HEAPS OF CLEARANCE WERE I USUALLY SCRAPE OUT ON MY BOARDS .CHECK UP THE SPECS IT MIGHT HELP WITH WEIGHT AND SEAT HEIGHT ETC AS I FOUND IT USEFULL ,AS FOR THE DELUXE SHES HERE TO STAY...:newsmile108:

Whoa.....please turn your "Caps Lock" off.....it's considered to be the same as shouting in every forum I've been around.

I ride a Fatboy, to me it is a very nice ride. I haven't been to the Tail of the Dragon yet but I have been on a few winding roads. It takes them well just as 2 up riding, enough power and clearence for all my riding. My wife and I will be taking a ride to Michigan this summer and I'll post about it. She may even ride her own bike, we'll see.

I'm on my 2nd softail....1st one was a springer classic. I have an '09 Heritage and I love it, so does my wife. I think it rides great. I dont usually whip around corners, so I cant say that Ive scraped the floorboards. Smooth ride.
Good Luck.:D

Heritage here also, just feels right to me. Handle bar height, leg position on the boards, leg position with feet flat on the ground, and the wife likes the ride too. Bike is tour ready,plus I like the old school look,ya know the baggers of the 50's and 60's.

When my buddy baught his Glide last year he considered looong highway rides, with this in mind he chose a model with the fairing attached to the frame and not the handle bars/shocks. This reduces the buffeting by the wind at highway speeds.

Just went through a couple of months of test rides, reviews, etc. on the Heritage, FBL, and Deluxe. Bottom line, it's all about fit, riding style, and visual appeal. My first choice was the FBL, but the wide rear tire made me think I was falling when it would roll over from the flat surface (straight-up) to the side of the tire (cornering) and the front brake was really mushy - dealer said most FBL's were that way. The tall bars on the Heritage did not fit my form or what I liked visually. And, sorry to say it guys and gals, but the leather bags on the Heritage just look like worn-out after-thoughts right on the showroom floor. I chose the Deluxe for fit, function, and what I like a bike to look like. I still like twisties as much as anyone, but the older I get, the more the slow and easy backroads appeal to my nature.

Just my $0.02 worth. Whatever you do, and whatever you do it on, enjoy the ride.

DD

Back