free website stats program Famous people you met? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Famous people you met?

Most of the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey team, past and present (Im a huge hockey fan)
Stevie Nicks
Jeff Gordon
Davey Allison (I was very young then, bout a month before he died)
Terry Labonte
Everlast
Kenny Bernstein
Lots of other various NASCAR drivers, just cant think of them all right now(I had pit passes to a race at Michigan a few years ago)

Glen Campbell may be the most underrated guitar player of all time. And as for Joe Walsh; he pretty dang good also.

I met Major General Hal Moore and Sergeant Major Basil Plumley , two of the real American Heroes from the book and movie "WE WERE SOILDERS" . Met and talked with them on several occasions , while we were building the National Infantry Museum in Columbus Ga. at Ft. Benning. It gave me goose bumps every time I stood next to either of these great men.
I also met the actor Sam Elliot the when he toured the museum, he was a nice enough guy I guess. That about the extent of my famous people. Except for George Wallace , when I was a kid , my sister worked for him for many years until he got shot and left politics.

Had dinner with Delores Hope, (Mrs Bob Hope) And Marlin Perkins (Wild Kingdom) Had Lunch with Gov George Wallace. Worked on Apollo Space division for GE Met Werner Von Braun Too many other to name

I have worked at the 12 Hours of Sebring on various jobs over the years and have met many celebrities/racing celebrities in 1971 I met Steve McQueen, Dick Smothers, Mario Andretti, and Pedro Rodriguez and in years passed I have met 3 Time world champion Derek Bell, Frank Beard from ZZTopp and got to shoot pics for Craig T Nelson. and many more over the years.

Ben Vereen, Lorne Green, Dan Blocker, Michael Landon, Mickey Haggarty, Walt Disney, Mr. Nash (did many of the Disney character voices), Bill Cosby,
Molly Hatchet group, Debbie Boone, Charlie Daniels, The Marlboro Man (the guy on the Marlboro billboards years ago). He and my dad used to fly homing pigeons in So. Cal., James Garner, Annette Funicello, Anna Maria Albergetti, Mickey Rooney, Jack Parr, Soupy Sales, Roger Barris, Seward Johnson (sculpter and one of the Johnson and Johnson family), and ...ready for this. Chucko the Clown. I think there's a few more but I can't think of them at the moment.

My dad and uncle had an exotic animal import business in So. Cal for many years. Back before it was illegal to have them. That's how I met some of these folks.

Just remembered another:
Dick Smothers of The Smothers Brothers made a movie in which he played a limosine driver. I was working for a limo company at the time and they rented a limo for two days to do some filming in Princeton NJ. I was his 'stand in' driver for the scenes that didn't show his face. I never did see the movie. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
More NASCAR, NHRA, WoW, and CART/Indy car/IRL drivers than I'll ever remember: Richard Petty, Ned and Dale Jarrett, Buddy Baker, Bobby Allison, Adam Petty, Dale Jr, John Force, Kenny Burnstein (sp), Steve Kinser, Warren and Kurt Johnson, Mario, Michael, and John Andretti.

Also Ted Turner at a Braves game back in 1976. He came back and sat with us and shot the breezy for 10 or 15 minutes. Bill Russell in an elevator in NYC. Several Cardinals players a couple months ago when we were allowed to ride the warning track in Busch Stadium prior to a game.

Vic Edelbrock on the Power Tour 2008
LeRoy Butler - Green Bay Packers
Met the following MMA fighters at a seminar:
Jeff Monson
Dave Menee
Brock Larson
Hermes Franca
Shonie Carter

...Several Cardinals players a couple months ago when we were allowed to ride the warning track in Busch Stadium prior to a game.

25113778E.jpg

25113776E.jpg

Back