free website stats program Exhaust Suggestions..........? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust Suggestions..........?

Reinharts have a nice sound, also V&H ovals that are a bit louder.

A stage 1 added to the pipes will work well but you would need some additional fuel with this combination. I like the TFI because it is a simple addition and works well. No computer needed for setup with it either. I run it on my bike.

I run the Techlusion TFI on my '03 RKC, but my vote is for the Hooker Tuned Flows. They have a really nice growl when your "being good" with the right hand, but a loud bark when you twist it hard! :D

I am looking at the new Screamin Eagle Street Performance Touring Mufflers, does anyone know if they will incresae the sound of my UC ? At least make it sound more like a Harley than the stock pipes...
I know that in order to get the real deep sound like (drag pipes), I would need to put a lot of $$$ into it, I heard around $1,200 - $1,500 is this true ???
Does anybody have any reccomendations for a good sound at a low price???
Thanks for any help...

There's not a big difference in sound with the new Screamin Eagle Street Performance Touring Muffler over the stock ones. You may want to go with Reinhardt of V&H if you are looking for more sound. I prefer the Reinhardt myself for a better sound, the V&H being louder.

I'm a little bias as I have the Reinharts with a Power Commander and the SE intake. I think it's the best sound around. BUT I will say this, my friend runs a Hooker Header exhaust and it sounds really deep and throaty, very cool. I am also a fan of the Thunderheader, but another friend of mine said they changed their design and they do not sound as good or are as free flowing as they used to be?

BUT I will say this, my friend runs a Hooker Header exhaust and it sounds really deep and throaty, very cool.

Which fuel enrichment device does your friend run with his Hooker Header exhaust? I'm trying to do some homework on which ones are best. Right now I'm partial to the Techlusion TFI, but am open to other options. I still haven't heard if anyone is using Arlen Ness Big-Shot fuel tuner.

I do like the looks of the Hooker exhaust. I kind of the like the True Dual Turn Outs. I've heard though that these tend to loose some sound because the exhaust is directed towards the ground. Anybody have any experience with this?

my friend is the one who turned me onto the the power commander that I use. And talk about simple...mount on bike, plug into PC, download map, start bike, and ride faster and louder then ever before (my neighbors hate me :D)

I also have the Rinehart TD's and love the sound. They are loud and yes attract attention (always). You will be in need of a tuner and air system of some sort (mine has the AN big sucker and T-max). I had a harder time getting the stock system off than installing the new exhaust. Good luck in whatever you choose and keep us posted. :D
Reinharts all the way, Best Pipes !

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DESIDE !!

I also have the Rinehart TD's and love the sound. They are loud and yes attract attention (always). You will be in need of a tuner and air system of some sort (mine has the AN big sucker and T-max). I had a harder time getting the stock system off than installing the new exhaust. Good luck in whatever you choose and keep us posted. :D

this is the way to go, they sound great, look great and give very good performance!

Do yourself a favor there. Get the RH's Had them on my 98 Bagger and they sounded great, not to loud, nice mellow tone.

Back