free website stats program Exhaust Suggestions..........? | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust Suggestions..........?

I'm looking to put some pipes on my '03 Road King Classic. I want good looking pipes that have a deep sound. Ones that don't really attract attention unless I want them too. Then I want them to really do the job. I have been considering Rineharts. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm fairly new to Harley's but I am somewhat of a shadetree mechanic. I've heard that when putting custom pipes on, I may need to change the bikes module or add a stage one kit. Can anybody clarify? Much thanks.

Last edited:
Reinharts have a nice sound, also V&H ovals that are a bit louder.

A stage 1 added to the pipes will work well but you would need some additional fuel with this combination. I like the TFI because it is a simple addition and works well. No computer needed for setup with it either. I run it on my bike.

http://www.techlusion.com/

have a 07 U.C. and was looking at the RUSH #15304-200 at the local HD shop ,$379.95 +tx. or could go with the #15305-200 (tip compatable) $394.00 and the end caps are $65 to $75 x 2. Just starting to look around to change out "stock" items on it!?

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a battery go dead on the ultra EFI and what kind of problems you had because of reprogramming etc...? I have heard that if I let my battery go dead it could cost as much as $650, for what I do not know. If anyone can enlighten me on this I would be thankful.

thanks in advance.

I have Rhinehart true duals on my 05 ultra and I love em'! I get alot of compliments on them. the only thing I had to do was tune it with a SCRT and on the dyno. !

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a battery go dead on the ultra EFI and what kind of problems you had because of reprogramming etc...? I have heard that if I let my battery go dead it could cost as much as $650, for what I do not know. If anyone can enlighten me on this I would be thankful.

thanks in advance.

Have you checked out the self-help link that Glider & others contribute on here? Tons of info.!!!!!

Thanks Micron. That's kinda what I wanted to hear. I was thinking about the true duals by Rinehart. Did you put them on or did the shop? What was the final $damage if you don't mind me asking?

i love my reinharts they sound great you have to remap but you have to do that mostly when you change pipes especially to true duel

I also have the Rinehart TD's and love the sound. They are loud and yes attract attention (always). You will be in need of a tuner and air system of some sort (mine has the AN big sucker and T-max). I had a harder time getting the stock system off than installing the new exhaust. Good luck in whatever you choose and keep us posted. :D

I also have the Rinehart TD's and love the sound. They are loud and yes attract attention (always). You will be in need of a tuner and air system of some sort (mine has the AN big sucker and T-max). I had a harder time getting the stock system off than installing the new exhaust. Good luck in whatever you choose and keep us posted. :D

Great combo, must sound real nice.

Back