free website stats program Exhaust Suggestions..........? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust Suggestions..........?

Sounds awsome and thanks. Oh yeah, one more suggestion if you go with the Rineharts. After awhile, the black tips they use start to discolor (turn a purplish color). I bought the chrome tips and they look so much better imho.

I actually prefer the RH over the V&H ovals. I think they have a nicer sound and agree with the chrome tips instead of the purple after they discolor. Looks like a grape:D

After reading all the posts about exhausts, I am more confused than I was. I am looking to put a set of Rush slipons on my 08 Heritage. Not sure whether to go with the 1.75 or 2.00. I read one post that stated if I stay 2.00 or lower I would NOT have to remap or go to stage 1. Could someone give me the straight poop on the slipons?

After reading all the posts about exhausts, I am more confused than I was. I am looking to put a set of Rush slipons on my 08 Heritage. Not sure whether to go with the 1.75 or 2.00. I read one post that stated if I stay 2.00 or lower I would NOT have to remap or go to stage 1. Could someone give me the straight poop on the slipons?

The new bikes are lean from the factory, any modifications to intake or exhaust will lean them even more. Some mufflers you can get away with but the fuel will be even leaner than factory but others will lean it out in excess and cause problems. The bigger the baffle the more flow and the leaner the mixture.
I have seen a few where the larger baffle caused a running problem from lack of backpressure and had to be downsized to get it to run properly. The 1 3/4" would be the best choice if you don't intend to add a fueler of some sort.

I added the Rush Slip on Pipes on Mine along with the Ness Big Sucker Intake set up, The Pipes are great, not overly Loud but have a Nice Rumble, just what I was looking for. I will be adding the VH Fuelpak as well. :)

2008 Electra Glide Classic

The new bikes are lean from the factory, any modifications to intake or exhaust will lean them even more. Some mufflers you can get away with but the fuel will be even leaner than factory but others will lean it out in excess and cause problems. The bigger the baffle the more flow and the leaner the mixture.
I have seen a few where the larger baffle caused a running problem from lack of backpressure and had to be downsized to get it to run properly. The 1 3/4" would be the best choice if you don't intend to add a fueler of some sort.

Glider,

I'm a little confused about whether I need the tuner or not. The parts guy at the dealership said that if I do slip ons and nothing else, I don't need to do the tuner or the air intake. So what you're saying is that I should plan on doing the tuner and air intake no matter what kind of pipes I put on. Is that correct? Also, what is the downside to running lean if I just do the slip ons with a 1 3/4" baffle?

So what you're saying is that I should plan on doing the tuner and air intake no matter what kind of pipes I put on. Is that correct? Also, what is the downside to running lean if I just do the slip ons with a 1 3/4" baffle?
You got it.

The down side to running lean is damage to the engine, you can melt pistons in sever cases and burnt valves in less sever cases besides surging, and running hot. A penny saved now will be many dollars spent later on and the dealer will tell you that you are not covered under warranty if you have one because you ran the bike lean.

Thanks Glider. I will plan appropriately as I would rather spend a little more now rather than a lot later. :bigsmiley12:

Personally, I would suggest staying with the quiet stock ones and not (edit) people off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back