free website stats program Exhaust considerations | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust considerations

Cuzz

Hello to all from a new "kid" on the block. I have an 08 FLHTC w/ 22K miles and have been throwing around the idea of changing the exhaust for quite some time. I've done a ton of reading on this, but these are some of my "unknowns." Does an 08 (non-California) have a catalytic converter?
Are true duals the best way to get both cylinders matched as equally as possible? Is there any combination of pipes / muffllers that decrease the longevity of the engine? I could go on, but I'd appreciate all thoughts on these for a starter.

Hello to all from a new "kid" on the block. I have an 08 FLHTC w/ 22K miles and have been throwing around the idea of changing the exhaust for quite some time. I've done a ton of reading on this, but these are some of my "unknowns." Does an 08 (non-California) have a catalytic converter?
Are true duals the best way to get both cylinders matched as equally as possible? Is there any combination of pipes / muffllers that decrease the longevity of the engine? I could go on, but I'd appreciate all thoughts on these for a starter.
Good question Cuzz. I'll jump on your wagon because my 08 has 17K with V+H slip-ons and a Power Commander and I also like the true dual look but don't want to "junk" up the bike with something that will decrease longevity. I am interested in hearing what everyone has to say.

Grabbed these off another forum. (similar question)
---
I believe all the 2009 CVO Touring bikes.
---
All touring models in all 50 States in 2010.
---
Yup, pretty sure your 08 Cal model has a cat. There were a few years they had cat's in the slip ons themselves....I think yours is one of them.
---
My 06 SE Ultra, CA bike, had Cats in the mufflers.
---
Correct The CVO Baggers had cats in the muffler inlets from 06 through 08.
---

Have a set of Supertrapp pipes you mite like, selling for almost half price

Attachments

• pipes 003.jpg
    pipes 003.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 49

True duals will not cause any problems as long as you have the air/fuel ratio adj. (see Dobeck). For the best performance a two into one exhaust is the way to go, you will also need to be able to adj. the A/F ratio. For me nothing beats the sound of true duals.

d and d fat cat 2 into 1 is awsome good sound and performance. of course ya ya need to remap and a high flow air claener

My 2008 Ultra came with cat in the slip-ons. They have been replaced with FullSac duals kit and SuperTrapp SE slip-ons. Also have Ness Big sucker intake. Lastly, a 103 ci Harley download. The gal runs like a spotted cat and no pinging, knocking, or otherwise negative indications are present. It has not been dynoed and I don't intend to do so. For what that is worth!!!!

Back