free website stats program Exhaust considerations | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust considerations

My 2008 FLHTC had dealer installed Stage 1. Wanting to cool it down for my passenger I installed Full-Sac dual conversion and SuperTrapp exhaust. Since the SuperTrapps are adjustable (remove or add discs) I had to remove some discs to slightly enrichen the mixture (changing spark plugs from bone white to light tan). The way I didn't have to install a tuner. I'm happy with this set-up.

My 2008 FLHTC had dealer installed Stage 1. Wanting to cool it down for my passenger I installed Full-Sac dual conversion and SuperTrapp exhaust. Since the SuperTrapps are adjustable (remove or add discs) I had to remove some discs to slightly enrichen the mixture (changing spark plugs from bone white to light tan). The way I didn't have to install a tuner. I'm happy with this set-up.

So then it allows you to manipulate the back pressure the correct ?

I'm a little confused though I would have though ADDING a disc would richen it.

I thought the same, the discs have openings which permit air flow, so the more discs, the more flow.

The only problem I see with these pipes for some people is the less discs, the quieter tone. So a tuner would allow for more sound (if that is your thing) of course that means more power, so I'll probably do it myself some day.

if your going to change exhaust or add a better air intake definatly get the dobeck tfi to adjust your fuel or your bike will not run right. Infact I would get the tfi first then it will be able to adjust directly after adding anything.

IMO - baggers just look better with pipe on both sides, but you can get a "ghost pipe" with D&D set-up so it's the best of both worlds (TD look + 2-1 performance). Either route you take - recommend getting a tuner added so then you're ready for a/f adjustments. Good luck!

Back