free website stats program Engine Remanufacturing | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Remanufacturing

hogman99

I have a 1993 FLHS and the stock engine is ruined and I'm considering the Harley Reman program. Since I currently have a carburetor is it possible to upgrade to fuel injection during this process and if so, what would be involved?

harley wont do it but could .. yes if theres a aftermarket system for the engine .. whats involved a lot of $$$$$ a computer a wireing harness at least to go with the injection setup .. a kit would have it all but $$$$

There's a reman program for the EVO engines but as Bud said , the cost of switching over to the FI isn't worth the expense. Sensors, ECM and a host of other parts like wiring harnesses, fuel pump, different tank, lines etc would all have to be changed as well as the throttle body, intake and on and on.

As Hobbit says, aftermarket has tons of support products for carb equipment, easier to tune and get right the first time. EFI is more complex and much more difficult to get it dialed in, given the same amount of money and effort.

Harley's reman program is prettty good. I would check out some of the other engines out there though for similar money you can get a bigger EVO motor if you want. Changing to fuel injection= big$$$$:20:

Anyone know how much to reman the EVO through Harley?I see the engines in the book, but at $3900.00 for the black and chrome.If thats the price you could buy a 110" Revtech for $500 more and sell your old motor.

Shipping is included in the cost.

Prices are U.S. MSRP and include Con-Way® shipping to and from the Harley-Davidson Powertrain Operations Facility - Capitol Drive in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.

Labor costs and any required gaskets/lubricants required to remove and re-install engine are not included. See dealer for details.

Back