free website stats program Electrical Trouble Shooting | Harley Davidson Forums

Electrical Trouble Shooting

2006 Streetglide keeps blowing acc. fuse, when it goes I loose brake lights, turn signals, and speedometer. Any help?

When does the fuse blow? What work or acc. added most recently?

I had a similar problem with my '07 Ultra. I finally found a wire inside the fairing that had been rubbing on one of the fairing brackets. Tiny bare spot on the wire and it would occasionally make contact with the bracket. I was about ready to pull my hair out before I finally found it.

Added running lights 3 years with no problems. A saddle bag light kit was added in 06 so it also has that wiring harness. But again no problems til just recently. When the acc fuse blows I loose brake lights turn signals, horn, spedo, tack, and running lights.
Any help? THANKS

When does the fuse blow? Hours, minutes, immediately?

Sounds like you have a wire rubbing somewhere. Check under the seat and rear fender where the wiring runs, to start. Look for missing insolation and burned wiring. It may not be under the rear fender, but that's where I would start.

Turn on the lights and start to move wires. Watch for light outage then look into the wiring in hand. Sounds like a short. Had the same problem on my Heritage last year.

I'm having the exact same problem with my 06 flhx. Recently added amp but isolated that and already relocated my rear fender wiring two years ago due to problems.. I can't find anythg.... Any suggestions... I am pulling my hair out!! Lol
WAP.gif

Back