free website stats program dyna vibration | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

dyna vibration

Dealer blew me off again, so i took the bike home. On a chance, I checked the front mount, and just like many have said on this forum, it was preloaded. I shimmed the mount and rode the bike. Vibration Gone!. It appears they did not install it correctly at firstbecause after the oil pump was replaced, the vibration was less, but not fully gone. Ten minutes of work fixed the problem and Texas Harley has lost a customer. Thanks to all for the advice.
Ride Safe

I think I would send Texas Harley the link to this thread if you can find an email address.
There is no excuse for this kind of poor service on your problem.

Dealer blew me off again, so i took the bike home. On a chance, I checked the front mount, and just like many have said on this forum, it was preloaded. I shimmed the mount and rode the bike. Vibration Gone!. It appears they did not install it correctly at firstbecause after the oil pump was replaced, the vibration was less, but not fully gone. Ten minutes of work fixed the problem and Texas Harley has lost a customer. Thanks to all for the advice.
Ride Safe

Glad you fixed it. Thank goodness for forums when the dealers fall short.

Dealer's service departments hate forums as much as forums hate dealers.

You wont believe this, but I went for a ride this afternoon and when I started the bike, it went to 4000 rpm and finally settled down. It then quit on me 3 times. I went back to the dealer and it happened to them. They opened tthe gas cap and with the engine running, said fuel was spraying in the tank. They said there is a plastic fitting in the fuel regulator that has been breaking and causing this and this is the fourth one in 2 weeks. So here I am again with the bike in the shop. .

You wont believe this, but I went for a ride this afternoon and when I started the bike, it went to 4000 rpm and finally settled down. It then quit on me 3 times. I went back to the dealer and it happened to them. They opened tthe gas cap and with the engine running, said fuel was spraying in the tank. They said there is a plastic fitting in the fuel regulator that has been breaking and causing this and this is the fourth one in 2 weeks. So here I am again with the bike in the shop. .

There have also been issues with the corrugated pressure hose rubbing on the hump in the bottom of the tank and creating a hole. If you hear a sucking sound, it may be the hose. This can be fairly expenseive as the hose is only available with the fuel pump.

If this is the case and you are paying for this out of pocket, send me a PM. I can hook you up with some info for a much cheaper alternative repair.

John

Have them check the rear motor mount and tranny bolts for proper torque

Back