free website stats program dyna vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

dyna vibration

I have a 92 Dyna with under 9000kM on it. I got this vibration from the front when I braked. The harder I braked, the bigger the vibratoin. The gentler I braked, the lesser the vibration. When I was running, everything would be fine. I suspected this might have something to do with the front stem? Anyone has any experience with this?

I have a 92 Dyna with under 9000kM on it. I got this vibration from the front when I braked. The harder I braked, the bigger the vibratoin. The gentler I braked, the lesser the vibration. When I was running, everything would be fine. I suspected this might have something to do with the front stem? Anyone has any experience with this?

Have you checked the rotor to make sure it isn't warped?

I have not checked the rotor to see of it was warped. I have dual discs in the front and with the gentle braking, it was fine. I don't know how to check for rotor warp so I might have to take the bike into the HD dealer for a look.

If you don't have a dial indicator there are a few ways you can check for yourself.Lift the front wheel and rotate by hand to see if there are any tight spots from the rotor contacting the pads or tape a stick to the forks just touching the rotor and see if there is any movement in the stick when you turn the wheel.

Called the shop today, Texas Harley in Bedford ,Tx. After 3 days they haven't even rode the bike. I've had enough, going to get it back tomorrow and call the warranty company myself. If I can use anther shop I will, if not, the bike goes onto the lift in the garage.

Try calling H.D. customer service direct. 1-414-343-4056
After you state your problem/issues, they will give you a reference number. the dealer will have to call customer service about that reference number. Worked out great for me, H.D. replaced my HFSM unit for free under a "goodwill" fix. ($265.00)

Not on the 88 engines, it's on the 96 engines.

Would you know what HD did to the 88 crank to keep them from scissoring?
With the exception of a stuck relief valve or excessive shaft run out, how on earth do you crack an oil pump? That's what has me puzzled.

Hoop!

The 96 crank isn't up to the task for the engine. Previous years had either a pinned or a keyed crank.

Try calling H.D. customer service direct. 1-414-343-4056
After you state your problem/issues, they will give you a reference number. the dealer will have to call customer service about that reference number. Worked out great for me, H.D. replaced my HFSM unit for free under a "goodwill" fix. ($265.00)

What is a HFSM unit?

Back