free website stats program **Donate 02 Road King parts....Help** | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

**Donate 02 Road King parts....Help**

Ski,

Just ran across this triple tree set..

http://dothan.craigslist.org/mpo/5456249608.html
I really appreciate you keeping a hawk eye out for my parts! Just great! That triple tree set looks like a pretty good deal. Maybe a deal I should not pass up. Might have to wipe the dust off my credit card and put it to use. :mad::(
I'll call the guy and see if he'll take a little less then I'll post the latest headlines.
Thanks man!!!!!!

Ski, take care of yourself! Follow the doctors orders. I mean that! LOL, I have had a lot of practice with those phrases lately with the husband's new ankle joint. ;) But unfortunately, if you don't take the proper time to heal now, you will have a lot of trouble in the future...ask me how I know. :( So, don't rush it.

And on a side note, at this point, the hubby is still being a good patient and is healing nicely. Just over a week before he see's the doc again, and just over 3 weeks before he can put weight on that leg.

Ski, take care of yourself! Follow the doctors orders. I mean that! LOL, I have had a lot of practice with those phrases lately with the husband's new ankle joint. ;) But unfortunately, if you don't take the proper time to heal now, you will have a lot of trouble in the future...ask me how I know. :( So, don't rush it.

And on a side note, at this point, the hubby is still being a good patient and is healing nicely. Just over a week before he see's the doc again, and just over 3 weeks before he can put weight on that leg.

Ok....thanks for your concern. Guess you see what it's like from your husbands injury. I'm very active and getting tied down to a crawl speed is hard to accept. Sure got me down in the dumps, and then.....I came across these really great generous forum members that have donated parts to help me get Miss Piggy back on the road again...but no parts have come in yet for my leg.;)
Thanks again!

Another subject>>>>You have warned me 2x about inappropriate language on my posts. If the words are in the dictionary....aren't they then allowed? Just curious.

Thank you Joyflyin for the good words. Guess you see what it's all about with your husbands injury. It's a real drag when a person is always active and then Bam.....the rug is pulled out from under you and there you are sitting in a wheelchair...then crutches....then a cane, and the lousy pain that goes along with all that. It sure gets ya down in the dumps....but then.....everything got better from the great generosity of the forum members helping me so much donating parts that I need to fix Miss Piggy and get puttin again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another subject>>>>You have warned me 2x about inappropriate language on my posts. If the words are in the dictionary....aren't they then allowed? Just curious.

No, not necessarily. I would suggest you take a look at TQ's post http://www.hdtimeline.com/threads/a-quick-note-to-members-and-guests.26262/

We have always and will continue to keep the language clean here. That includes any workarounds. Follow the rules and all is good. Don't follow the rules and your free parts source will dry up.

Bodeen has you covered on the language policy, ;)
I know how frustrating it can be for you being down. But hang in there. Give your body the time to heal. I'm not sure how bad your injury is, but we got the hubby a 'knee crutch' last week. It's called the iwalk 2.0, not sure if it will work for you or not, but if it is your lower leg, you may want to look into it. He hasn't used it much at this point, we've just walked around on it a couple of times, but he is getting the hang of it fairly well. We hope that it will help him out on doing things over the next couple of months, since he still has about 8 more weeks before he can be full weight bearing.

Bodeen has you covered on the language policy, ;)
I know how frustrating it can be for you being down. But hang in there. Give your body the time to heal. I'm not sure how bad your injury is, but we got the hubby a 'knee crutch' last week. It's called the iwalk 2.0, not sure if it will work for you or not, but if it is your lower leg, you may want to look into it. He hasn't used it much at this point, we've just walked around on it a couple of times, but he is getting the hang of it fairly well. We hope that it will help him out on doing things over the next couple of months, since he still has about 8 more weeks before he can be full weight bearing.

My injury>>>>leg broke in 4 places from knee cap down....shin bones popped out through the skin. That knee crutch is a great idea! Wish I could go that route but my knee cap was fractured and I can't put my weight on my knee cause it Hoits too much. It's funny....last 4 months I kept thinking about some kind of a brace that keeps pressure off the lower leg and POOF.....there really is one, and you told me about it.
Doctors told me I'm lucky to still have a leg, so they used plates n screws for the repair. I wonder if they bought the hardware from Lowes or Home Depot?
Looking back....I have empathy for anyone I see in a wheelchair or crutches. Now I know what it's like.
Thanks!

LOL, just hope they used stainless at least! 25 Years ago, the doctor wanted to amputate hubby's foot, but he argued not to do that and one. He has suffered with high pain levels nearly every day since then. Of course it hurts now, but its a different hurt, and he is saying it doesn't seem to hurt as bad as it did prior to the surgery. ;)

LOL, just hope they used stainless at least! 25 Years ago, the doctor wanted to amputate hubby's foot, but he argued not to do that and one. He has suffered with high pain levels nearly every day since then. Of course it hurts now, but its a different hurt, and he is saying it doesn't seem to hurt as bad as it did prior to the surgery. ;)
Hats off to your husband. Enduring 25 yrs of pain is hard to even imagine. Afoot is better than Nofoot......I guess.

Ski;
I tried sending it via the conversation we had going, but I guess that doesn't work.
Package is on its way; expected delivery Feb 27.
Tracking no: 9500 1125 8821 6055 4862 37

Cheers,
Rod
Hey Rod.....it arrived this morning. It's nice!!!!! Even came with the nut! I sure do appreciate it man!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Ski

Ski,

Just ran across this triple tree set..

http://dothan.craigslist.org/mpo/5456249608.html
Well.....guess no triple trees from this guy. Talked to him and this guy is a weirdo. Guess he is too lazy to wrap and box up the trees and drive to UPS. He only wants to sell it locally and have it picked up. I just sent him an email asking again for him to send it. I doubt he'll answer. Oh well.....deep subject.
I do appreciate you keeping me in mind and letting me know about the listing.
Thank You!!!!!!!
Ski

Last edited by a moderator:
My parts list is almost completed. It's just unbelievable how much help I received from members, but most of the credit is to Dolt!
Still needed is both trees and a highway crash bar........................and a quick method to heal my lego_O :rolleyes: :D

Ski,
The tracking number for the fork legs is 9405510200881923982514. They were shipped via USPS; dropped off on 02/20 and the record shows that they were delivered on 02/22 to:
Ski Zawaski
627 Stribling Shoals Road
Walhalla, SC 29691

Suggest you try to run them down as they have been delivered to someone, somewhere.:confused:

Back