free website stats program Do you lock..... | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you lock.....

Lock it or loose it even in my own garage I lock it with a Kryptonite lock

Even in the garage... front fork and ignition are locked. My bike didn't come with an alarm, but I have a HD Smart Security System in the box ready for install and a siren and pager order fixing to go out.

I always lock my bike when I leave it, even if I know it a good area. I even got into the habit of locking it at home. That helps me remember when I'm out and about.

Lock it up most of the time Bags & Forks. If they want it they are going to have to work a little for it.

I have worked the MBBW for the past 12years and have seen the look of complete despair on the faces of Harley owners who walk out to find their bike gone so I do all I can to lock mine up once I park it. As it was said before I will make them work a little to steal mine. You want to see grown men cry go to take a report of a stolen Harley.

To those who just lock the ignition, a pair of channellocks can break that open! All the factory locks just slow down the honest thiefs. The alarms are the best way to go. Over here, in the middle east, the trouble is people like to have their friends take pictures of them on your bike, even when your not around, so flashing lights and horns are best!

When close to home, depending on how long I'm away from the bike, just walk away, if I'm in someplace for 10 + minutes I lock the ignition, on overnight trips [ motel camping ] I lock the bars also and if I'm on the Roadking I take the windshield and sometimes the backrest/luggage rack in with me as they can be taken in a split second, and besides I put the windshield in the shower to clean off the bugs.

Back