Do you lock.....

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by dogdad, Sep 7, 2009.

1. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

When you go to park your bike and you're not at your house, how many of you lock it in some way ? I have started locking the forks and the ignition.....trying to get into the habit of locking it every time.

2. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

To be honest I am bad that way,I usually forget the key in the windshield pouch.:(

3. SpringerSteve

SpringerSteve Banned

Got in the habit when I got my first bike 2 yrs ago. Think it's a good idea; prevents the opportunists. Always lock the fork; if I'm travelling, will use a wheel lock as well

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Just plain good sense to lock the forks as a minimum and take your keys. If you have the HD security I or II fobs, use them as well. Everytime I hear about a Harley being stolen, I wonder if the bike was locked and alarm with immobilizer armed. Most would be thieves will steal the most obvious lack of security or opportunity ...don't make it easy for them!:devil

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  5. Whiterook

Whiterook Member

Mine is locked in my garage while I am at work.

6. zoo-mon

zoo-mon Member

That alarm is the ticket if you got one set it. these guy's dont need your keys to take your bike. Listen to me. some times I just leave my key in. Never to far away from it. keep an eye on it just in case. We learn a lot here thanks for this post.

7. gasbag

gasbag Active Member

I lock the forks and the ignition and set the alarm before I walk away.

8. billyd1

billyd1 Active Member

Make it hard work. They don't like hard work or they'd buy their own:)

9. deucedog

deucedog Active Member

Unless I'm within eyesight, I lock the forks, and the ignition every time. depending on location I also use the disk lock (with alarm). I DO NOT want to have to call my insurance company. :bigsmiley4:

10. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

When I am at work I lock the forks and Tour Pak and lower bags. But If I go to a diner, or run into a store for a few minutes, I generally don't bother. I really should because it is a good habit to get in to,