free website stats program Do you listen to your ipod while riding | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you listen to your ipod while riding

Yes I ride to music, podcasts etc with my ipod. I use etymotic in ear headphones. They act as both ear plugs; blocking wind noise but I can still hear sirens, car horns etc, while delivering great sound. Combined with a Ijet handle bar mounted remote, it's riding heaven. Never leave home without it.

Illeagel in Minnesota but I agree with the Dr, music or ear plugs, what's the difference?
Should be ok if you keep the volume at a decent level and your not messing with it! JMO.

Good opportunity to say it again "everything is illegal today." I don't ride to music for fear I might miss a signal something is going amiss with the bike. Now I have a friend you can hear him pull up he has his cd playing "Inna godda devda" So happens I like "Inna godda devda":guitar

No I don't.
For me listening to music would be distracting. I have enough trouble with the idiots in cages without getting ran over while listening to Pink Floyd.
It would also cut out even more traffic sounds than my exhaust does which might alert me to a danger or an emergency vehicle in the immediate area.
Just my opinion of course and we all know what that is worth.

Ditto for me. It would be cool, but I just feel that it has major safety concerns. Besides, that V-twin is music enough for me....

No I don't.
For me listening to music would be distracting. I have enough trouble with the idiots in cages without getting ran over while listening to Pink Floyd.
It would also cut out even more traffic sounds than my exhaust does which might alert me to a danger or an emergency vehicle in the immediate area.
Just my opinion of course and we all know what that is worth.

I must be somewhat unusual here as i have never felt the need to have an ipod although wife and children have ipod's
If i feel the need for music whilst riding i just sing to myself

Brian

Good opportunity to say it again "everything is illegal today." I don't ride to music for fear I might miss a signal something is going amiss with the bike. Now I have a friend you can hear him pull up he has his cd playing "Inna godda devda" So happens I like "Inna godda devda":guitar

That's funny, I don't know you at all but you sound (pun) like you know me.:D

AMA has state-by-state listing & I assume helmet speakers = earbuds...?? Either way - good info. all consolidated in one area.

State-by-state motorcycle laws
Thanks Iceman. There was some really good info there!
Heck, I didn't know the specifics for the permissible decibel levels for my state. Or even how they took the measurements for loudness.
WAP.gif

Back