free website stats program Do you listen to your ipod while riding | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you listen to your ipod while riding

Sometimes I do. Depending on how far I am going and the route etc. Ear plugs are a good idea otherwise. In a lot of states it is unlawful to listen to an Ipod while operating a motor vehicle. So you may want to look into that. It is unlawful in Florida but so is speeding.........:D

From a distraction viewpoint, I see no real difference between music from an IPOD with ear buds under the helmet and music from the speakers on a touring bike.

The problem the IPOD introduces is the temptation to fiddle with it and change playlists or skip songs while riding. DON'T DO IT!!! I have a friend who is now a physical mess because he crashed his Road King while cruising with some buds in Illinois. Nothing official ever got documented but one of his riding partners swears he saw him reaching into his jacket to mess with his IPOD right before he lost control and crashed.

Best to put it on shuffle and leave it alone!

From a distraction viewpoint, I see no real difference between music from an IPOD with ear buds under the helmet and music from the speakers on a touring bike.

The problem the IPOD introduces is the temptation to fiddle with it and change playlists or skip songs while riding. DON'T DO IT!!! I have a friend who is now a physical mess because he crashed his Road King while cruising with some buds in Illinois. Nothing official ever got documented but one of his riding partners swears he saw him reaching into his jacket to mess with his IPOD right before he lost control and crashed.

Best to put it on shuffle and leave it alone!

Great advice here. I definitely set it and forget it.

I always have the Ipod or ear plugs in these days, can't stand the wind noise anymore. Used to never ride with plugs or music playing but tend to get ringing in the ears now if I go naked :bigsmiley30:

iPod! It's a shuffle. No display. One play list. The controls are easy to use with gloves on. I also use skull candy ear buds. The go inside your ear with the wires wrapping up and over the ear. They fill the outter ear space and block out the noise from the bike.

Smartguy what do use for a bluetooth, I am looking for some adapter to plug into radio and listen, instead of hard wired, anything out there?

Illeagel in Minnesota but I agree with the Dr, music or ear plugs, what's the difference?
Should be ok if you keep the volume at a decent level and your not messing with it! JMO.

Back