free website stats program Do you listen to your ipod while riding | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you listen to your ipod while riding

I plug my iPod or iPhone into the radio and listen to it through the speakers. Get it set up before I take off and don't mess with it. Haven't made the switch to helmet speakers or blue tooth, but now that I have an ultra with the intercom, I'll probably give it a try.

I picked up a pair of Lee Parks Design filtered 'S' plugs at a bike show. They don't block out all sound, just filter it down. They are great, filter out a lot of the air noise and I can hear the music great wearing my half helmet.

Smartguy what do use for a bluetooth, I am looking for some adapter to plug into radio and listen, instead of hard wired, anything out there?

I use the Motorola S10-HD Bluetooth Stereo Headphones when cruising around town on my Sporty wearing my half helmet or no helmet, and this one when out on the highway with my full face helmet: Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Headset/Intercom.

Love them both, and can even talk on the phone with them if needed, and you can manipulate playlists, and volume very easily even with light gloves.

Sorry I can't post links yet but you can find them on amazon real easy.

The Sena is now for sale for $150 since I bought the new Electra Glide. Speakers are awesome!

Last edited:
I have an Alpine head unit with with a USB port so I can plug my I-Pod in or just a thumb drive and operate it from the head unit. It has a large wheel type control so it mimics the function of an I-Pod. Now I have to find out more about DakotaRobs S plugs because I don't like the wind noise either.

I have an Alpine head unit with with a USB port so I can plug my I-Pod in or just a thumb drive and operate it from the head unit. It has a large wheel type control so it mimics the function of an I-Pod. Now I have to find out more about DakotaRobs S plugs because I don't like the wind noise either.

Guess I should have posted a link before...
Filtered S Plug from Lee Parks Design Catalog

Lee Parks himself was working the booth, got them at the International Motorcycle Show in Minneapolis back in Feb. Very nice guy. He also has earplugs with speakers integrated into them. My Goldwing buddy was thinking about getting a set of those, not sure if did yet.

I must be somewhat unusual here as i have never felt the need to have an ipod although wife and children have ipod's
If i feel the need for music whilst riding i just sing to myself

Brian

Same here Brian. Never felt any inclination to get one. I just try not to sing too loud, don't want to scare the wildlife.:D

I've used the stereo on the Ultra maybe a dozen times in the last 3 yrs. Just riding along I'll get tunes coming into my head along with the sweet tune my motor puts out.
I'll save the music playing for the car rides or while I'm working out in the garage.

No music for me at all on the bike. My reason for that has nothing to do with safety though. My commute on the bike as well as weekend rides are all about the ride! I like the simplicity of it.......I have a speedo to tell me how fast I'm going and a fuel guage to tell me when it is time to stop! That is the beauty of riding for me! I turn the cell phone off and put it in the bag.......nobody can bother me for the 45 minute ride each way!

On the iron i get a lot if wind noise 45 mph and up was looking for something to help out thats way i was thinking of ear plugs or the iphone ear buds

On the iron i get a lot if wind noise 45 mph and up was looking for something to help out thats way i was thinking of ear plugs or the iphone ear buds

They say that ear plugs lessen fatigue from wind noise on a trip, and it seems to be true for me (foam expanding type). I have tried my ear buds, but have to jam them in pretty hard and still get some wind noise.

Yes to the Ipod and the radio as well. Sometimes, I prefer no sound but the bike and my own thoughts. When I do listen to music, the sound comes through our helmet headsets/communication with the Ultra. I never use the speakers on the motorcycle because I won't force 'my music' tastes on others. I don't care to hear the musical tastes of others, forced on me either. I find it annoying to be in town, at lights etc, and having someone's taste in music, pounding my ears ( cagers/bikes/etc). That said, I would not be in favor of laws to stop people from doing what I dislike. I would prefer that people just be courteous. Some will, some won't.

Back