free website stats program Do you like to go on group rides? | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you like to go on group rides?

HD4LIFE

I like to go on group rides a lot and I was wondering if this is something that everyone enjoys? I also like to ride alone sometimes but most of the time especially if I am riding in an area that is not heavily traveled I would rather have someone with me.

I like to go on group rides a lot and I was wondering if this is something that everyone enjoys? I also like to ride alone sometimes but most of the time especially if I am riding in an area that is not heavily traveled I would rather have someone with me.
I used to ride with a group of about 50 riders when I lived in Hawaii. Riding in a group that large can be dangerous. You really have to be on your toes and everyone has to ride in sync.

Since I've moved from Hawaii, I've put away the patch and ride independant. When I'm in a group it's usually my very close friends who I trust with my life.

There's safety in #'s but danger in them as well.

Just with my close friends every now and again. Mostly I like to ride alone, never know how far I will go or when I will be back. With a group, you can't be as incontroll of everything.

I haven't ridden in years since I got rid of my Honda, but when I did I mostly went it alone because I felt that it was safer and I usually was not out for a joy ride anyways. I used the Honda as my transportation for a while.

I am more of a lone rider, I do occasionally, but to me, being alone is so much nicer, you know just you, harley and the road. Sometimes just to clear my head, I would ride with my pals, but its not an often thing.

by myself with a group, either way is a good ride for me.mostly at night is when I hang with the group rides.safer in numbers when you are out partying who knows where.

I usually will ride alone most of the time unless one of my aunt's wants to go for a ride with me. I just really do not trust large groups to ride with, if one person makes one wrong move it could cause the whole pack to go down.

Yes I like to go on group rides and tend to mostly ride in groups.I just always thought it was safer in numbers like a few have mentioned.I can see the others points about bad moves and all, but it is all about knowing who you are riding with.

Groups are fine as long as everyone in the group took a quick course at MSF or something like it.I would'nt go with anyone halfcocked and just ready to party like mad.They would be all well experienced.

Ocasionally I will get together with another guy and we will go on a ride to a destination that we both wanted to visit. I am not into pack rides and I never have been as I see them as a huge saftey hazard.

Back