free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 16 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

Hoople, Remember Their AIM was to probably be,,,, just as BAD as Yours is going to be from NOW-ON.. HAW hahaaha :panic
signed....BUBBIE

I agree with Hoople, when they moved to there new location things really changed, I will not shop there any more, after Bruce died things seem to have gone south, tho Hopple and I had a meeting there and the sodas were over priced too:lolrolling

Signature HD in Perrysburg, Ohio. Toledo HD in Toledo, Ohio. Both are owned by the same person. They got me to pay for the extended warantee.

I buy my 05 1200 C from Signature, I think all is well. I had the bike about a week and on my way home from work I must have picked up a nail, because my rear tire was almost flat by the time I got home. So I call them to come get it to have the tire replaced. I was told by the sales guy AND the service guy that I would be able to pick up my bike the following morning. I thought, cool, only a day down, no problem. Well, I get home from work the following morning and I have a message on my answering machine from the sales guy claiming that they don't actually have the tire for my bike and they will have to order it from their other dealership (Toledo HD) and it would be another day before I got my bike back. I called him and asked him why I was told that I would have my bike sooner if no-one even checked if they had my tire in stock. Well he says, we didn't think we wouldn't have it. Anyway, I call him the next morning and he tells me my bike still isn't ready because the tire just came in that morning and he personally rolled the tire into the shop, leaned it against my bike, and it was on a priority list to get done that day. I would be able to pick it up later in the day. I work third shift so I have to sleep during the day and have to plan to be up early enough to go get the bike. So, I get up earlier than I really should have and give them a call. This is where it gets really fun. The tech tells me that no tire even came in for my bike. Needless to say, I am not pleased, I have him transfer me to the sales guy whom told me he personally leaned the tire against my bike to find out exactly what was going on. He gets on the phone acting like I am bothering him. I ask him why my bike wasn't done and why did he tell me the tire was in when it wasn't? He then proceeds to tell me that he never said that and then he called me a liar! I reminded him that he told me 2 different days now that my bike would be ready and it STILL isn't and no-one has a clue as to when it will be! Again, he claimed he never gave me a date when my bike would be ready, and claimed I was making it all up! Two days later I am finally able to pick up my bike. The service guy apologized up and down for the fiasco, saying that he wished sales guys would check with him first before promising service dates on repairs. I told him that his staff needs to learn that too because one of HIS guys did the same thing. He asked me if I got the person's name, I did, I told him and he said he would take care of it. I don't know if he did or not because I have not been back there since, I refuse to give any money to businesses that treat their customers that way.

Dealer left a bad taste in my mouth. I had a dealer in Las Vegas Nv. change my rear tire and install rear brake pads, all for about $450.00. Well the other day I was installing some things on the bike and had the bags off. I thought lets check the belt and see how tight it is. Well to my suprise you can push it up about an inch without much pressure. So next time I was in the shop I ask the service writer how tight should the belt be, and told him how loose mine was. I got some sad story about it was adjusted correct and the slack would be taken up when I sat on the bike. I say he is wrong. The belt is now starting to round off the edges and it has a wear mark on the top side from hitting something. The belt was much tighter than that before I had them work on it. Think I will check another dealer in town and see if they will adjust it for me. I would do it but I paid good money and they did a shoddy job in my mind. Don't like to mention dealers names but their RRH on Rainbow.

I would be stunned if Camden County ( Barb's H-D ) in Southern NJ is not noted here numorous times, I don't know what happened there but I started to feel out of place, I had a bad experience with warranty repairs there. Bought my next bike at Millville H-D and had excellent service but now there gone, I use Mike's in Delaware and deal with Christian who is in my opinion one of us.

Harley Davidson of Frederick MD. I had sales people just walk away from me and not want to help me at all. I didn't even get a hello, a sales man stared me in my face saw that I was interested and walked away. It's kind of hard not to pull the race card but, I had kept getting the feeling of not being welcomed. I was with my wife and she started to become extremely upset and refused to let me spend any money at that dealership. What so sad about the whole thing is I was about to spend close to $1,000 in parts and the people there forgot money is green and that is the only color that should matter.

I'm with you samiam, I don't get any business that cannot see that the color green is good for business. I'm with your wife, no sense dropping money at a dealer where you don't feel welcome.

Man-o war harley in lexington ky:bigsmiley19:.I bought a New 2008 Fire fighter ultra classic from them,Everytime i had to take it in for Warrenty work,and it was Quite often,I would have to argue with them,I finally gave up when Wildcat harley opened up in London, Its over an hour away, M-O-W 20 min.Wildcat has been great ,Of course i am the one who has to have a bike built on a friday or monday,The 2010 in the shop now getting Screaming Eagle compasator,New Stator,New bearings in tranny, But they have called me Long Distance to keep me informed,All under warrenty :small3d026:

Man-o war harley in lexington ky:bigsmiley19:.I bought a New 2008 Fire fighter ultra classic from them,Everytime i had to take it in for Warrenty work,and it was Quite often,I would have to argue with them,I finally gave up when Wildcat harley opened up in London, Its over an hour away, M-O-W 20 min.Wildcat has been great ,Of course i am the one who has to have a bike built on a friday or monday,The 2010 in the shop now getting Screaming Eagle compasator,New Stator,New bearings in tranny, But they have called me Long Distance to keep me informed,All under warrenty :small3d026:

If you haven't done it already you need to post Wildcat on the "Dealers You would reccommend" thread.

Harley Davidson World in OKC (not Edmond, OK). Bought a 2011 FLTRU and the sales guy (Ron) was great. Went to do the paperwork and I had my own financing and paid a lot down. Sales manager tried to get me to finance through HD. Said "No Thanks". My credit Union finally got the paperwork and sent it back to them. After 3 weeks, I still had not gotten my paperwork from the dealership. I went by last Friday and they said they mailed it to me. Called them today and said I didn't get anything yet. Sales manager said hey mailed it back to the credit union. Credit union said they never got anything back. Sales manager blamed the credit union but he has told me two different things ( mailed to me and ,mailed to CU). Sales manager speaks with forked tongue and I still do not have a title yet!

Back