free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 15 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

I am very opinionated. It takes quite a bit to get me mad, but I stay that way. If you are traveling through Wisconsin and want my opinion, drop me an email because I do not want to get anyone mad about me bashing.

Jeff

As long as what you post is an actual experience you had and not a second hand accounting of someone elses experiences and it's presented without language and is factual, feel free post your opinion here.

I would NOT recommend Killer Creek Harley-Davidson in Roswell, Georgia.

Please see the thread Demo Ride Accidents/Damages - Harley Davidson Community

As an update, the event described in the above mentioned thread cost Killer Creek at least 5 new motorcycle sales in the past 3 months (3 Ultra Classic Limiteds, 1 Street Glide, and 1 Forty-Eight). 2 FLHTKs were purchased by myself and the rest were individuals that I referred to a legitimate dealer across town (and warned to stay away from Killer Creek Harley-Davidson). Word of mouth means a LOT in this business, and kudos to this forum (and this thread) for holding these businesses accountable!

What goes around, comes around.

Would not recommend Paramount Harley in Framingham, MA. Many may have had great experiences with them and many of my friends use this dealer and love them....here is what happene to me. I purchased my 2010 FXDC through military sales and Paramount was chosen for me as the dealership to deliver through (the dealership gets a 478 dollar stipend to set up the bike and deliver). My bike was scheduled to deliver on June 9th. I called the dealership daily AFTER June 9th to find out the staus on my bike and by the 16th of June I was constantly being told they had no idea where my bike was. I finally realized I was going to get noplace with the dealership and called my military sales rep and was told they would look into it. 20 minutes later Military sales called back and said that my bike had delivered to the dealership as promised on the 9th but that the receiving department at paramount thought the bike was for stock and not already sold! It had been at the deaership the whole time! When I went to pick it up not only did they not offer to provide anything in the way of a Comp....they did not even apologize for LOSING my bike! Anyway....I lost over a week of riding season and they have lost my business forever and I have chosen a different Harley Dealership to give my business to......which amounts to over 1500 dollars in service and aftermarket purchases over the last 8 weeks.

To add to this comment about Paramount......I realize mistakes happen.....we all make them.....but I definately feel that I was ignored every time I called.....when the military sales rep called Paramount they found the bike in 20 minutes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll never take my back to Sacramento Harley Davidson (sacramento, CA). Here's what happen: I bought the bike from them and had made a couple good friends there. I was in downtown Sacramento, maybe eight miles from the dealership and I had parked in a parking garage. I came back a couple hours later to find that the bike wouldnt start, no lights, no nothing. I called my wife (now ex-wife) and asked her to bring me my volt meter. I tested the battery and it was fine, I did all that I knew to do to find my problem but I ended up calling the dealer. I asked the service manager for any ideas and he didn't have any. So I asked him if he could send a trailer over to get the bike seeing as they were so close. He said no he couldnt do it that day but if I left the bike in the parking garage, he'd send someone over first thing on Tuesday morning....this was on Saturday!!! My jaw dropped, not because I expected them to bend over backwards for me but because that was about the dumbest suggestion that could have come out of that guys mouth but he was dead serious. I called a buddy who had a trailer but he was out of town and I had no way to get the bike to a shop. I called another somewhat local H-D dealership, Folsom Harley Davidson, and I'm not exaggerating here, the service manager picked up the phone and I told him I'm broke down, he asked where. I said Sacramento. He said give me your phone number and the guy pulling the trailer will call you on the road to find out where exactly you are and we'll see ya when you get here. Folsom Harley is like almost 30 miles away!! Sacramento Harley was less than 8 and didn't want to do (EDIT) for me. The conversation was less than a minute and no questions asked, help was on the way. They got the bike into the service dept. despite being SUPER busy with guys at the counter and every guy in back working on a bike. The service manager said he checked out my bike himself and he said that there was a wire that was bad, showed me where, what happen, why it haoppen and how it won't happen any more (it didn't). Needless to say Folsom Harley Davidson gained a customer for life despite it being almost 30 miles out of my way. Sacramento Harley will never get another dollar of mine.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Bartels Harley Davidson in Marina Del Ray Ca. the parts man was rude, one of the service writers spent 5 minutes explaing to me how i had to have new lifters and a cam chain tensioner or my motor would soon blow up,...and then didnt know what weight oil was put in my bike(the last dealer service for me, forever)..then i just smiled, I have an EVO..,He cant tell an EVO from a Twin Cam..pretty impressive stuff...and....i did buy a part or two and then discoverd later that the price was almost double that of a different dealer for the same part...sigh, some people are just greedy.."stay away from marina del ray":newsmile040:

I recommend that everyone avoid Cool Springs HD, Franklin, TN, like the plague. They would not even address the issue of the compensator noise in the primary. One service writer was extremely rude, another has all the (EDIT) answers memorized, "its in spec", or they all do it", "tech thinks it is ok". I will never set foot on their property again.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Wild West Harley in Lubbock, Texas.

Quoted one hour to change handle bars.
Tried to charge five hours because of inept
mechanic.

Phoenix AZ:
Chandler HD,
ArrowHead HD.

Just Google them and you see all of the poor reviews.

I dealt with Arrowhead HD. Went to purchase a 1200 low, Only showed me what my monthly payment was, would not let me see the added costs, said I had to wait until after I signed the contract before I would be allowed to see the detail line items of the purchase agreement.

The 12,000 bike would of cost 57,000 after the 72 months of payments. So I just walked out and had not been back since, and that was 2006.

Chandler HD are owned by the same people

Stay away from Rossmeyers in Florida. If there was not enough fees already, now add another $179 for "electronic private agency fee" (whatever that is). The only good thing about the place are the rest rooms.

:toungeJust hope Google picks this post off in a Rossmeyer search.:tounge

Stay away from Rossmeyers in Florida. If there was not enough fees already, now add another $179 for "electronic private agency fee" (whatever that is). The only good thing about the place are the rest rooms.

:toungeJust hope Google picks this post off in a Rossmeyer search.:tounge
Hoople, Remember Their AIM was to probably be,,,, just as BAD as Yours is going to be from NOW-ON.. HAW hahaaha :panic
signed....BUBBIE

Back