free website stats program Cylinder shut off | Harley Davidson Forums

Cylinder shut off

lallytunes

I wanted to see how many people are using the cylinder shut off feature.
Am I correct in that it does not turn back on until you throttle forward again??
I don't see the need personally unless it is a scorcher of a day and/or in bad traffic...but then again I guess thats why they did it.
Just your thoughts on this..

I leave my system armed/engaged 100% of the time and let the programming decide when it's necessary and when it's not. I swear mine has only kicked in once - bumper to bumper traffic at Biketoberfest last October.

:D I also leave mine engaged all the time. The only time mine has kicked in was when I was tuning my TFI. When that happened the 1st pot light (green) flashed, but stopped as soon as throttle was applied and the cylinder started again. I've got 1900 miles on the 09 SG but haven't riden in very warm weather yet.

Mine is off. I can tell on that right leg it she is warming up and I need to be rolling!!!:bigsmiley10:

I rented an '09 Ultra Classic in Las Vegas a couple weeks ago. When the outside temperature was up near 70 and I was stopped at a light for awhile, you could hear the difference when the rear cylinder shut off. Las Vegas has long red lights.

I found it was best when riding two up to blip the throttle and get the rear cyclinder going before letting out the clutch. I almost stalled out when getting going from a red light.

I haven't turned mine on yet but that's one reason I bought an 09. I'll try it when it gets hot. I have lowers on my RK so it tends to run a little hot (on the right leg) now. But it's still cold (60 in So Cal is darn cold brrrrrr).

Back