free website stats program Cylinder shut off | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cylinder shut off

I went out and fooled around with this for 15 or 20 minutes and all I got was a flashing orange cruise indicator light. Then I realized that the cruise master switch was on, turned it off and then tried the "roll forward" and got the flashing green light. I'm looking forward to trying this out in the Texas summer. I rode all last summer and didn't even know this was available.:bigsmiley12:

I haven't turned mine on yet but that's one reason I bought an 09. I'll try it when it gets hot. I have lowers on my RK so it tends to run a little hot (on the right leg) now. But it's still cold (60 in So Cal is darn cold brrrrrr).

Hey Larry, 60 deg in SoCal is darn cold brrrrrr? Better watch out, those guys up North are gonna come down hard on us for complaining about our version of "cold" weather. :D

I haven't used this feature yet, but it is a nice addition. I had burns inside both thighs from the heat coming off my '03 Road King. I got caught in 4th of July stop and go traffic for 12 miles in Redding, Calif in 110 degree heat. I thought I might loose the engine, and went down the shoulder to an off ramp to let the bike cool, and get more water.
So, if I can coax the new FLHX to run cooler under circumstances like that, I'm all for it. :small3d026:
Rider running the newer bikes will run cooler with 100% Synthetic Oil (more slippery, less friction), TFI Fueler ( an A/F enrichener), Air Deflectors (to route the heat away from your thighs) and other mods, to deal with hot weather, potential rear cylinder shutdown/overheating issues. Use the <search> tab at the top of the page and locate a lot of info on the subject. JMO :bigsmiley12:

I went out and fooled around with this for 15 or 20 minutes and all I got was a flashing orange cruise indicator light. Then I realized that the cruise master switch was on, turned it off and then tried the "roll forward" and got the flashing green light. I'm looking forward to trying this out in the Texas summer. I rode all last summer and didn't even know this was available.:bigsmiley12:

Amazing the stuff they bury in that owner's manual! :s

I'd go back and slap your salesman silly for not pointing out a major feature of your new bike, too. Of course I'm assuming you bought it new, aren't I?

Back