free website stats program Considering Ultra Classic - Suggestions? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Considering Ultra Classic - Suggestions?

I've had my 08 for about a month and love it. If storage and comfort are the two main reasons for the ultra, then you won't be disappointed. I had a Kawi Vulcan 900 prior and could only ride about 30-40 minutes before I had to get off for a rest of my back and rear. I have no idea how long I can ride the Ultra since I've gone 1 1/2 hours without issue, and I know I could go longer. Also, if you can get ABS, get it, I wish I did.

I just upgraded to an 05 ultra with hardly any miles on it. I love it. I've got a stage 1 and SE slip-ons. I am looking into a new seat for it. I've owned and ridden many different "import' bike as well as sone British bikes. The Ultra is in my oppinion as dependable and comfortable as any goldwing or roadstar. I've logged a few 600 mile days an it and been very happy at the end of the day.

I have owned my '99 Ultra for about two years and can say that it is , by far, the best all around motorcycle that I have ever owned. Comfortable (I added a Mustang seat), loads of storage space, good power and reliability ( did a roller chain conversion with Andrews cams, Big Sucker A/C, TFI, V&H slip ons), and just a pleasure to ride. I can see myself owning other bikes in addition to an Ultra, but can't see me not having one in my garage. Good luck.

i have a 09 Ultra and even in the modified state so i can reach the floor - lowered front and rear and i have the lowered reach seat - the bike is awesomely comfy, it has enough get up and go to haul a 4berth trailer tent and a weeks stuff and 2 people with out aggro and without the trailer it will get a boogie on, its not in the same league as my street bob but it still does motor and its smoother 110 is nothing for it 1 or 2 upand you can still hear the stereo :D
i am due to do a 1000iba in the next few weeks so will let you know how this goes :D

Just remember 110 kmh not 110 mph, we all know Hobbit likes to pin his ears back, but not with the missus and trailer in tow :bigsmiley22:

Anyway you slice it, if it feels right (after road testing all the potential models at your friendly neighborhood HD dealer) go for it...even better, rent one for a weekend tour solo and two-up just to be sure. Always pays big dividends if you try before you buy. :D

drivers backrest a must.slip on's are nice but true duels sound the best.i have an 04 road king and had an electraglide classic before that.i have done many ten hour days and have done one iron butt on the road king.winterpark co to chicago

Running an 08 Ultra for a year now, and have changed a couple things: Tried 4 different seats (modded stock, Sundowner, Corbin...)and settled on the Mustang Regal. Also, the best long mileage change was the backrest. I have the HD basic rider backrest, but I thing a Mustang backrest might have been easier to work with for adjustments.
Changed to Vance-Hines ovals for sound.

Just got back from a three day ride that was long days everyday, and no problems at all.

Just ride...

Fuzz :superman

I'm on my second ultra and would agree with some of the other post that the backrest is well worth it. I also like a softer grip than you get from the factory. The pipes and tuners and chrome well some of us think that a must but you can make that decision. A salesman told me once buy an ultra first and you won't be back in a few months wanting to trade.

Hoghunter

Got the '07 Ultra bare as it comes. I had the mobile phone interface fitted from new.
All I miss on it is a karaoke machine as you feel like singing the moment you start it.

I love my 09 Ultra. The 103" motor rocks and after adding the reach seat, cruising pegs and pullback bars it fits me great (I'm short). I might go with a rider backrest and am really considering upgrading the speakers because they are weak at 80 mph. Then I'll be done adding on.........I hope.

I liked my Heritage but I love my Ultra Classic.

Don't do it, all of your honey do's at home will suffer. You'll want to be riding, not working around the house.

Seriously, I love my Ultra, especially the ABS brakes and the lace wheels, with just enough extra chrome to make it mine.

Back