free website stats program Can a Fuel pak burn up a cylinder. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can a Fuel pak burn up a cylinder.

Thanks for finding and posting that bc45. Reading the factory service bulletin clarifies any "misinformation" on a subject.

The word "misinformation" in my post was directed to the statement made by "the guy that tuned my friends bike" in the original post. NOT at the corrected info. Tank posted.

You guys are great. Now I have so much information to blast my friend with the next time he tells me to unhook the fuel pak. I love knowledge...This site is full of so much knowledge.:D

You guys are great. Now I have so much information to blast my friend with the next time he tells me to unhook the fuel pak. I love knowledge...This site is full of so much knowledge.:D

Knowledge is Power Only when it is used Now GO get em:s

A guy that tuned my friends bike with a power commander, told him that if you use a fuel pak with the new engines that shut down to one cylinder, they are bad for the bike and can burn up the cylinder. Thanks in advance.
WAP.gif

If thats the case wouldnt any other fuel management system do the same thing!!!??? :s

If thats the case wouldnt any other fuel management system do the same thing!!!??? :s

Exactly, a piggyback unit is not any smarter and cannot over ride the ECM, kind of like state law cannot trump Federal law if you will:D

Exactly, a piggyback unit is not any smarter and cannot over ride the ECM, kind of like state law cannot trump Federal law if you will:D

Yep ---dont care how many states pass this medicinal " herb" law , its still a federal offense for possesion !!!!:D

Kinda sounds like someone is a P.C. fan to me!!

Let me make an observation. If the fuel pack is just adding fuel to the current map, will it continue to add the desired fuel (only the additional) even when the ECU signal is intended to stop flow to that injector? I guess my question is will the FP recognize that the ECU has stopped sending fuel and not add a pulse to that? Considering this, the amount of fuel added would be small and probably not be a burnable mixture. We are talking an air to fuel ratio of maybe 50:1. I'm guessing a little, someone better at math can correct me, because the increase in fuel is generally from 14.7 to 13ish, maybe more for accelerator use.

Let me make an observation. If the fuel pack is just adding fuel to the current map, will it continue to add the desired fuel (only the additional) even when the ECU signal is intended to stop flow to that injector? I guess my question is will the FP recognize that the ECU has stopped sending fuel and not add a pulse to that? Considering this, the amount of fuel added would be small and probably not be a burnable mixture. We are talking an air to fuel ratio of maybe 50:1. I'm guessing a little, someone better at math can correct me, because the increase in fuel is generally from 14.7 to 13ish, maybe more for accelerator use.

The piggyback adds fuel, the ecm times and regulates the pulse, the ecm is in charge the piggy back only rich-ens or leans the fuel when the ecm tells it to, unless I am wrong Hoople will correct this

I say...anything's a "possibility" but if properly installed & adjusted, the odds of this being a source for failure are slim/none...JMO.

Back