free website stats program Buy a Harley? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buy a Harley?

I agree fourdogs this has been a killer of a winter cant wait to ba able to ride everyday. Thanks for your service my hats off to all of you who spent there time in that hell hole. would love to ride with ya it would be an honor!

read the replies to this thread and found it interesting enough to joinand write my own.
First: You need not worry about your new bike the TC EFI's are about as reliable as onything on the road. Like anyother vehicle there can be a lemmon in the basket occasionally. Maybe thats what happened to your friend who hated Harleys.

Second: To those who were saying the old Harleys were junky and had problems you have to look at it in perspective. The technology of today wasn't available and most bikes took alot of work to keep em up. That was part of the fun and "Biker" lifestyle. Wrenching was something you did as normal maintanence. I've been in the wind for 40 years and although I own a 96 customized 1200 sporty and a 08 FLHT witha 110 SE in it 70% of my butt time is still spent on my 46 knuck bobber that i've owned and maintained since the late 60's. Does it mark it's spot when parked? Yep. Does it need all it's nuts and bolts tightened down every 400 miles or so? you bet and I love every minute of it. Somewhere along the line "Owner" came to mean "Biker". Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with being an owner welcome to our world. But the ablility to wrench your bike and rebuild it on the old ladies coffee table every winter seems to have been lost in our modern culture. There's nothing wrong with the old iron just makes you a true biker and keeps ya honest.

Keep the rubberside down.

I think you also have to keep in perspective that "old" Harleys needing wrenching is not unique to Harleys of the same time period. It goes along with what Flashback said about the technology Harley didn't have it and neither did anyone else.

read the replies to this thread and found it interesting enough to joinand write my own.
First: You need not worry about your new bike the TC EFI's are about as reliable as onything on the road. Like anyother vehicle there can be a lemmon in the basket occasionally. Maybe thats what happened to your friend who hated Harleys.

Hey to ya...and welcome to the forum....your gonna enjoy this place ..I do Believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back