free website stats program Buy a Harley? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buy a Harley?

I have rode Honda's, suzuki's, yamaha's and kawasaki's and had fun on all of them, but when I rode my first Harley I fell in love, I've only had my sportster for a little over a year and I havent had any problems, my cousin has an '03 and his is still doing great, so I say if you want a Harley, buy a Harley, you won't be disappointed they are great bikes.

Hi Branni, welcome to the forum. Here's what I can tell you in a nutshell. I've been an auto mechanic for 25 years. Worked on nothing really but jap my whole life, Toyota to be exact. When it comes to cars and trucks I will never own anything but Toyota, there are several reasons why I feel the way I do. Yes, a lot has to do with the fact I'm comfortable working on them. My bike of choice is Harley. Does your friend know that Harley's have some Jap parts on them? Does he realize that newer Harley"s are not like the older ones. Does he realize that he has his head up his a#ss. Bottom line, enjoy your nightster!!

Im on the same page as the rest on this post. my first bike was a Kal. 750 LTD then i jumped on a Honda 700 shadow both was nice rides and then i went threw a speed freak phase and jumped on a suz GSXR.1000 . was it fast OMG yes but that was about it,its not a long haul cruzer and putting around town was out of the question . there made to scream, and my 1st wife didnt want to put me in the ground so after alot of nagging and a few close calls i offed it . always wanted a harley but was like you . in the he said she said stuff i heard about the older bikes, and i cant lie money was a big factor as well . but god blessed the wife and I last year and for our annaversy in sept. she got me a 03 sportster :bigsmiley9:. and as far as me , ill never ride anything else. after the first twist of the throttle i was hooked and my lil bro just picked up a nightster and he is hooked as well . i dont think youd regret a harley .

branimir take a nightster for a ride i think you will see what there all telling you good luck and welcome:bigsmiley11:

i've got a '94 fxdwg that i rebuilt myself 3 years ago with high compression pistons and a pretty radical cam. i've put 32 thousand miles on it and no problems. i think it comes down to who does the work to them.:hii

You need to tell that guy to pound sand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is good and bad with anything but like everyone is saying there is NOTHING wrong with HD. Rent a Harley and take it for a spin and see for yourself. Dont let some jackleg be the determing factor in your future. HD all the way

You need to tell that guy to pound sand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is good and bad with anything but like everyone is saying there is NOTHING wrong with HD. Rent a Harley and take it for a spin and see for yourself. Dont let some jackleg be the determing factor in your future. HD all the way

Jackleg...Jackleg!...ahhh cool yup! your from Missouri and probably in the Military...lol :D

Yes to both fourdogs, grew up down around the lake of the ozarks and I have been a Marine for over 17yrs

Wow this is an interesting article to respond too! I have owned MANY different types and brands of motorcycles in the last 25 years. I have several friends that had AMF vintage Harleys and yes we would have to stop and help them find parts and pieces that had fallen off there bikes. Since 1996 I have been riding with guys that have newer model and quality has not been an issue.

In fact I just purchased my first H-D this last year, ’08 Road Glide. I currently own a garage full of bikes and if I did not think the H-D’s were of the quality of my other bikes it would not have been purchased.

Good luck and ride safe -

Yes to both fourdogs, grew up down around the lake of the ozarks and I have been a Marine for over 17yrs

Whooraah!..of course when I was in we didn't say that ..it was Gung Ho !..Do or Die...remember words like Maggot...female sheep thing when you would say "You " to a D.I.....Thump call..yeah back in the day...They could knock the crap out of ya...lol I join in 63...just so I could go to California...lol..Then Vietnam popped up...was "in Country" 65-66 with D 1/9....and of course just a 0311...lol..Hope we can ride one day...I live in Cedar Hill..bout 35 miles out of St. Louis... God I will be so happy when we get a bit of warm weather...this site is the only thing keeping me sane...lol:bigsmiley15:

Back