free website stats program Butt goes numb | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Butt goes numb

I solved most of my rear end pain by putting wallet in front pants pocket. No more lump on left cheek which made me trying to correct how I sat. Found this out by accident, we were riding, stopped to get gas, no wallet.....great. Aside from taking some really bad shots from my "buddys", it dawned on me, no butt pain. After that no wallet, rag, nothing in back pockets. Works for me! And I also have the Mustang Wide Vintage seat on my 2010 FatBoy.
wilks3
:USA

I thought this was a no brainer for anyone with any kind of back or hip pain. First thing the physical therapist told me 20+ years ago when back issues started up. The only time my wallet resides in my back pocket is when I'm actually up and about. Any sitting at all (driving, riding, flying, etc) and it comes out.

I thought this was a no brainer for anyone with any kind of back or hip pain. First thing the physical therapist told me 20+ years ago when back issues started up. The only time my wallet resides in my back pocket is when I'm actually up and about. Any sitting at all (driving, riding, flying, etc) and it comes out.

That is exactly what the disability dr told me, he also said riding a bike was like marbles shaking inside a tin can, I will take the chance on the tin can part:s

I got an email from a custom seat shop who said to look at where there is an indention in my seat where it meets my legs, if its to far into the seat its cutting off circulation. That may be it because it's there. They will trim it off but I might try it myself.

Before giving up on your new Mustang purchase you may consider trying one of these.

BeadRider - Beaded Motorcycle Seats

R.Bingham let me borrow one and now I have them both on the rider and pillion seats. Makes for a much more comfortable ride and greatly reduces sweating when it is hot outside. A lot less expensive than a new seat to boot :D

Not only are the beads more comfortable to sit on, I can easily ride 700+ miles in one day, but they also allow for air flow to your bottom. I have not had any more cases of Monkey Bottom in the four years since using the Bead Rider pad. I take it by your name that you live in Arizona. It will make a difference there just like it does here in Texas.

BTW, I am 6'1", 275# and have a 34" inseam. I use the Bead Rider pad on a stock Fatboy seat.

I went to the Corbin factory and had a seat made for me, from day one it was better than my stock seat. A couple thousand miles later it fits my butt like a glove. Love it. For me I think you can't buy a seat out of a box and expect it to fit you. You need to have it made custom.

I rode for years as a younger man, haven't rode for 14 years! I bought an 06 Deluxe, I'm 53 YO, 6'1, 200#. The bike had a Mustang seat with back rest, it's kind of stubby and made me set pretty straight up and down. I have the same problem with the butt sore and legs numb after 50 miles. I thought maybe it's cause I'm getting older, but after reading this forum and post, I'm going to try some different things come riding season. When I bought the bike, the owner told me he sold the original seat but the bike came with an extra seat. I saw here where someone made mention of a tallboy seat, I had never heard of one before and searched the internet for one. A little pricey, so I installed a battery tender that night and looked at the spare seat that came with the bike, low and behold, I believe it's a tallboy seat with the beads pad on it! I installed it and sat on it and now I can't wait to try it out, It's narrower, taller and allows me to set further away from the handlebars. Once again reading this site has lead to some great info. Thanks, Newbie

Stay tuned and keep reading! You will know more than the rest of the boys before long. They say a little knowledge is dangerous, but in this case I disagree. I read every day over coffee. WAY BETTER than the news paper. You'll figure out soon who the gurus are and pick up some priceless nuggets!

Back