free website stats program Butt goes numb | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Butt goes numb

Dave you been given some good advice here from other postings.
The first thing I do when I get a new HD is pull the seat and put a Corbin on. They a alot more firm than any other seat I have tried. Your rear end makes a patteren in there foam that takes about 2000 miles to completley form to the way you sit.
I am 6', 225pounds, 33 inch inseam, I like the wider seat, but always firm.

Let us know how this works out.
:newsmile078:
:newsmile078:

Another great tip is to ride a full tank with no stops on a Sporty, then you'll feel like you are sitting on a cloud when you get back on your real bike... LOL! True though

I had the same problem with my stock seat, my wife rides with me and had the same problem, I put a Lepera Maverick on and what a difference, my wife and I can ride much longer, 100 miles is no problem. Lepera also has a custom seat program, they will send you the seat uncovered and let you test it out, they will add or delete foam upon you request, they can add a gel insert if you wish, one of the best upgrades I made to the bike.

Give them a call, there great to work with.

An alternative is to use a SheepSkin Gel Cover...vinyl coated metal clips mount easily under seat lip works and feels just fine :D, Cost varies between $69 & $99, but most HD Dealers offer discounts of some kind and these were in stock items hanging on retail Multi-fit peg hooks.

Motorcycle Gel Seat Pads, Cruiser Luggage and Covers

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

Going out and buying a seat b'cuz someone else tried it and said it's the best seat they've ever had - not smart. You really do need a professional seat maker to work with you on trying to come up with a seat that fits your body frame, riding posture on the bike the seats going on, etc. Buying a seat on the advice of someone else, is like buying a m/c helmet when you don't have a clue how a helmet should fit your head.

I've never rode on a russell day long, but know it got a lot of recommendations those who have. One of the nice things about russell, is this excerpt from their webiste:

Built To Your Personal Requirements
Your Day-Long Touring Saddle is built especially to fit your particular driver/passenger combination. We use your height, weight and inseam measurements along with photos of you and your passenger seated on your old motorcycle seat. With this information we can determine the proper size and shape of your motorcycle seat, and position it forward, rearward, or higher as needed to accommodate your size, build and posture for optimum ground reach and maximum comfort.

Not sure how other seat manf's help you out when buying a seat, but you need someboyd that knows how to size a seat, to at least try to work with you on determining a seat that fits "you". Not your buddy.

You are all why I love this site. I am 6 ft 230 33 inseam. My tail bone is fine it seems to be more by my legs. The HD seat was just as bad. I have been told it should break-in after some time but I am 1000 miles over that. I am thinking it's to soft. I may buy some very dense foam to see if that may help if so perhaps I will send it out to be fixed.

The stock and mustang seats I have are about the same. If I go more than 300 miles I take a SheepSkin Gel Cover and that gets me another 300 miles.

I solved most of my rear end pain by putting wallet in front pants pocket. No more lump on left cheek which made me trying to correct how I sat. Found this out by accident, we were riding, stopped to get gas, no wallet.....great. Aside from taking some really bad shots from my "buddys", it dawned on me, no butt pain. After that no wallet, rag, nothing in back pockets. Works for me! And I also have the Mustang Wide Vintage seat on my 2010 FatBoy.
wilks3
:USA

I have a Corbin Hollywood Solo on my RKC. The Corbins are more like a horse saddle. It has a thin layer of memory foam, so it has a real firm feel, but the shape is the key. I can ride all day with no problems at all.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I solved most of my rear end pain by putting wallet in front pants pocket. No more lump on left cheek which made me trying to correct how I sat. Found this out by accident, we were riding, stopped to get gas, no wallet.....great. Aside from taking some really bad shots from my "buddys", it dawned on me, no butt pain. After that no wallet, rag, nothing in back pockets. Works for me! And I also have the Mustang Wide Vintage seat on my 2010 FatBoy.
wilks3
:USA

Very good idea and been around forever. Biker Code number twelve I think. I can't sit on my walet because I have a fear of it falling out. Plus it's hard to lift someone's wallet from their front pocket. And the doo rag in the back pocket is passe' these days. Reeks of "I just saw Sons of Anarchy and bought a bike". In my opinion...

Back