free website stats program Both Plugs fouled...02 Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Both Plugs fouled...02 Road King

skizman

Started to run real bad, now won't start. Both plugs are all black. Battery terminals clean and tight. No codes showing up. The word "diag" never comes up when I first start code check. It starts with codes 1-10 all showing clear, then goes to PPU, then to 82,000 number and back to the 10 codes. All lights work, no check engine light on. Battery is strong.
Pretty obvious it's electrical but with no codes coming up I'm stumped on a stump.
Your info sure is appreciated!!!
Thank you Gents!

First thing comes to mind to check is the map sensor.
It's job is to let the ecm know the % of load the engine is under. It can cause a rich condition.

Ok I'll figure out how to check the map sensor. I was able to get it started....it barely ran...spit...ran...spit, like electrics was cutting off and on and or like fuel was getting cut off and on.
Thanks!!!!!

First off is 'o2 RK doesn't have diagnostic on the speedo display. The codes you see are for Speedo codes only. Do you have a service manual? You have to use the Data plug and short out 2 pins to activate a Blinking Check Engine light to enter the diagnostic mode. The set up may be on the Home page under Self Help & Tips.. I may the info on my computer if needed.
tourbox

That's one of the reasons (among others) I love this site so much. Many Very knowledgeable people here always ready and willing to go that extra mile to help another rider out in their time of need.

Well THANK YOU!!!!!! Didn't know my RK won't show diagnostics on the speedo. Yeah...I'll do the wire plug data thing.
Saved me a lot of grief.
Thanks for the pin diagram.
Thank you Gents....I'll post a quick message if I get a code.

Got NO codes. Inserted jump wire 3 different times to make sure I had a good connection. Nothing. Would a fuel pump problem show any codes???

Looking at the codes listed in post # 7 there is no fuel pump codes. However when you tried to retrieve the codes thru the flashing Ck. Eng. Light did you have the run/kill switch in the run position & then turn on the key switch? Won't work right otherwise. And give it plenty of time to activate.
tourbox

Back