free website stats program Both Plugs fouled...02 Road King | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Both Plugs fouled...02 Road King

Did you try the map sensor yet. Remove it to see it the passage is plugged, no vacuum to sensor or a sensor not sensing vacuum will make it go full rich.

OK thanks. This morning I'll attempt to take the coil off and check it with a meter....good luck to me.

Did you try the map sensor yet. Remove it to see it the passage is plugged, no vacuum to sensor or a sensor not sensing vacuum will make it go full rich.
I'll try to check that map sensor today along with the coil.....Thanks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please tell me if you think I have a bad coil. The coil is off the bike. My ohm meter is set on 20K. With a lead in each spark plug terminal hole, the meter reads 6.14
I'm lousy with a digital meter but this is what it shows. Plus this coil has a plug with 4 pins in it. I don't know if this is a single fire or dual fire, and no clue what pins to check and where to put the leads to check. Seems anything I read talks about small wires attached to the outside of the coil.
Is 6.14 bad??? I guess that would be 6000?

Primary resistance is 3. Secondary resistance is 6. I called a harley dealer service guy and he had no clue. Called another harley service and told him....from what I keep reading...the secondary resistance should be 12-13 thousands, but mine is at 6, and he said my coil sounds ok and the 12-13 is just the max resistance? Was this guy in space or was he right???

Noticed the purge vacuum tube on left side of throttle body was missing the cap. Hope that didn't cause problems.

Must be somebody out there that knows??????:confused:

Does anyone have the electrical factory manual for 02 Road King??? Need the ohms resistance values for ignition coil.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking in my Clymer 99-02 FLH/FLT book. States 0.5-0.7 of 1 ohms on the primary Pins A-B,B-C. On the secondary should read 5,500-7,500 ohms. The 4th wire you see is for anti clatter for lack of terms. If I remember right about the 4th. wire. Nothing is stated in the book but it does show a pic with 4 wires to the coil.
tourbox

Hey thanks! Yeah....the secondary was 6000 on mine. That's when I found out my problem was the fuel pump. I appreciate your time Tourbox!!!!!!!!!!!! I think all this gave me anti clatter of the brain.

Back