free website stats program Blowing fuse on start up | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Blowing fuse on start up

ok, I've had a good look at it now, everything seems like new :(

There is no corrosion in the bulb holders, or indeed anywhere else really, and I cant find a break in the cable anywhere. I'm a bit stumped :(

After clearing the b1122 code, when you once again blow another fuse,,does another b1122 get stored?

Did you happen to only check the left side sockets/bulbs/wiring or did you check both Left & Right sides while you were at it.

Have you ever got on the bike and started it,, then while riding suddenly loose your turn signals (one minute they were working & the next minute they were not). Trying to find out if the fuse blows AFTER a successful start up and during that particular key cycle.

Ok, I gave up, got a mechanic to do it :(

There was chafing in the wiring loom around the starter motor (but leading to the indicators, as you correctly said).

It was an all day job, but he got it done and I'm a happy bunny :) Thank you sincerely for all your help!

Thanks mate, and thanks again for your help!

Now I just got to get back to planning a trip .... Ferry to Bilbao in Spain then ride bike through the Pyranees, then up through Bordeaux back to Normandy, then ferry back to Portsmouth.

Yipee!! :D

Back