free website stats program Bad Luck | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Luck

Boogie

i have a 2009 sporster custom, i put a power commander on it and was getting water in my plug and when i unplug it a pin broke off in my main harrness, well i got the broke pin out and fuel moto said i could just plug the ecm back in with out the power commander..... so i did and now i'm getting a p0107 code which is a map sensor, well i replaced the sensor but it's still giving me the code and back fires though the pipes any and all help would be really nice, thanks

You are going to have to repiar the pin if it is on the main bike harness. It probably makes the connection for the MAP sensor. You should be able to back out the broken pin and wire from the connector, cut off the broken pin, crimp on a new pin and reinstall it back into the connector. Once you cut off the old pin, take it to an auto parts store and match it up. The connector should have a name or number on it also.
Some stores even have the proper crimp tool to rent for the repair. If you have a buddy that works on cars, he might have the knowlage and tools to help you.
Good Luck!

I do not have a manual for your bike so I do not know the wire colors.
The MAP sensor works with a 5volt referance sent from the pcm to the map sensor voltage goes through map and back out to the pcm the 3rd wire is ground. key on engine off or 0" of vacuume map sensor should have 5volts or close to it on the return, the higher the vac applied to map sensor the lower the voltage will go on the retun circuit.

i have a 2009 sporster custom, i put a power commander on it and was getting water in my plug and when i unplug it a pin broke off in my main harrness, well i got the broke pin out and fuel moto said i could just plug the ecm back in with out the power commander..... so i did and now i'm getting a p0107 code which is a map sensor, well i replaced the sensor but it's still giving me the code and back fires though the pipes any and all help would be really nice, thanks

i really do not think it's the map sensor, however i think there's a short from the water because i can unhook my battery and clear the code and turn the key on and let it set for about 30 seconds and then my check engine light will come back on and then i have the code again ......really lost and could use some welp with this matter, thanks

...really lost and could use some welp with this matter, thanks

Your going to have to re-place the pin like jdaws said earlier. But in the meantime, if you can tell us how many pin positions the complete socket has (not just populated positions but max # of available positions) along with the wire color that has the broken pin, I can look up what the wire does for you.

That will at least tell you what purpose the wire/pin has and why it's throwing a MAP code..

Need to find out pin & wire connection that broke, maybe this schematic may be close enough to help (2007 Sportster).:yes

Attachments

• 2007 XL1200C Schematic.pdf
    84.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
i will be online for a while, but i had already fixed the pin, and it's a blue wire and #31 in the plug, thanks so much and waitting for a reply

let me go double check, be back in 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep, blue and gray..... that it please give me some good news

Last edited by a moderator:
2009 Sportster Domestic.=> Pin 31 Blue/Gray wire is direct battery power from the 15 amp ECM fuse even with the Key in the off position. That wire has juice all the time and would blow the fuse labeled "ECM" should it touch ground.

I really don't think the ECM will perform as it should without that wire hooked up. Even if it did start, there is no telling what the ECM will do without power on that pin.

Pull the ECM fuse (or Maxi) when crimping a new pin on that wire. You should be good to go after that.

Back