free website stats program Back yard visitor | Harley Davidson Forums

Back yard visitor

T wrecks

My wife was working in our garden last weekend when I heard her scream, so I dashed over to her thinking she must have hurt herself, but no, there was this Python skin hanging in a tree right next to her.
We have caught a glimpse of him in our garden during the week and he's between 9 to 10 feet long, a pretty average size for this area. We're keeping an eye on our maltese dog, a favourite meal for these guys. They aren't any trouble for humans, just the fright factor when you first see them!!!!!!
I'll attach a pic of the skin, which doesn't look all that long, but it's compressed one end. The snake must "roll" it off, somehow?

Python003.jpg

Part of the difficulty is there are more poisonous unknown varieties in Australia than here in the USA. So the general "rules of thumb" do not apply there. One thing, most poisonous varieties have bright coloring, and like the coral snakes here are small in size but extremely poisonous. They also have amphibians like salamanders and frogs that are also dangerous to handle...also very bright in color...be careful out there T...

Yes NEWHD74FAN, I'll be carefull my friend. :D The ten deadliest snakes known to man are ALL native to this continent!!... the worst, the black Taipan is from western Queensland, not from the SE corner here....thank god. We have enough dangerous ones here in the SE, as it is. :bigsmiley29: The Python in our back yard is non venomous, harmless, and very slow moving, and is a native animal, so it's illegal to kill it.:dude

My wife was working in our garden last weekend when I heard her scream, so I dashed over to her thinking she must have hurt herself, but no, there was this Python skin hanging in a tree right next to her.
We have caught a glimpse of him in our garden during the week and he's between 9 to 10 feet long, a pretty average size for this area. We're keeping an eye on our maltese dog, a favourite meal for these guys. They aren't any trouble for humans, just the fright factor when you first see them!!!!!!
I'll attach a pic of the skin, which doesn't look all that long, but it's compressed one end. The snake must "roll" it off, somehow?

Python003.jpg

Is this not a Poison snake?????

Dont like snakes here in florida they are every where lots of skins in my back yard but never one like that

I'm the weird one around here - I've always been fascinated by snakes. Even had one of your Jungle Carpet Pythons until earlier this year. Down to one big boa now and he comes in handy as a threat when our little Jack Russell gets to acting up!

Back