free website stats program Back yard visitor | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Back yard visitor

I'm in your camp Dr. D - but mines a Gopher snake (bright orange)!!

My cats are fascinated with her but they prefer to 'play' with my Bearded Dragon - I have a very congenial 'family'.

CatWoman

Hey !T wrecks... ya know whats really scary in your neck of the woods is them "Drop Bears " down there . I sure hate walkin around holdin a knife, are a screw driver above my head.... the Australians know what I'm talking about. ..:D

I'm a snake lover!

Here's a pic or three of my favs....
lavtongue

occmale3

ok5

My wife was working in our garden last weekend when I heard her scream, so I dashed over to her thinking she must have hurt herself, but no, there was this Python skin hanging in a tree right next to her.
We have caught a glimpse of him in our garden during the week and he's between 9 to 10 feet long, a pretty average size for this area. We're keeping an eye on our maltese dog, a favourite meal for these guys. They aren't any trouble for humans, just the fright factor when you first see them!!!!!!
I'll attach a pic of the skin, which doesn't look all that long, but it's compressed one end. The snake must "roll" it off, somehow?

Python003.jpg

Hey TW, what I want to know is did it eat the other thong and the poor bloke wearing them?? :lolrolling

I think it's time to go on a snake hunt...you might want a nice new seat material for the bike...:s

That snake must have left in a hurry, he left his shoe :D
That's my wifes thong glider, there for persective. (No smart comments,eh.....I know what you call thongs up there:yeahright)
Hey !T wrecks... ya know whats really scary in your neck of the woods is them "Drop Bears " down there . I sure hate walkin around holdin a knife, are a screw driver above my head.... the Australians know what I'm talking about. ..:D
Yes Fourdogs, gotta watch those Dropbears, they're falling everywhere this time of year...LOL
Hey TW, what I want to know is did it eat the other thong and the poor bloke wearing them?? :lolrolling
No one eaten cedar, but we're keeping an eye on our little dog. It's one of those "barking slippers" :D

That's my wifes thong glider, there for persective. (No smart comments,eh.....I know what you call thongs up there:yeahright)

Yes Fourdogs, gotta watch those Dropbears, they're falling everywhere this time of year...LOL

No one eaten cedar, but we're keeping an eye on our little dog. It's one of those "barking slippers" :D

You fellas have to watch your pets down there Tw - my mate's lost his Blue Heeler to a Salty up in the Kimberley and his mate's mastiff went the same. Those salties are big scarey animals! We saw a 15 footer coming back from Lacrosse Island off Wyndham last year - a monster. But it's all part of the charm of the place. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in the Wet next month!

You fellas have to watch your pets down there Tw - my mate's lost his Blue Heeler to a Salty up in the Kimberley and his mate's mastiff went the same. Those salties are big scarey animals! We saw a 15 footer coming back from Lacrosse Island off Wyndham last year - a monster. But it's all part of the charm of the place. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in the Wet next month!

Ok leave it to me..yeah I'm the guy that fell for drop bears now I am gonna be the one ask this dumb question... what on Earth is a Saltie??? Yeah go ahead and lff ...am jus a simple Missouri Country Boy lol

Ok leave it to me..yeah I'm the guy that fell for drop bears now I am gonna be the one ask this dumb question... what on Earth is a Saltie??? Yeah go ahead and lff ...am jus a simple Missouri Country Boy lol

A "Saltie" Fourdogs, is a salt water crocodile. The only one I have ever seen was at Steve Irwins zoo, about 20 miles south of us here. It was 28 feet long, bloody HUGE!!!!! Cracked me up when I heard what Irwin had called him..........Graeme....:D Not really a "crocish" name, eh?:s
They are much more aggressive and dangerous than the fresh water crocs.

Living in the country in south Mississippi we happen across a snake sometimes. I used to be tolerant of them. A couple of times I walked out on my patio there would be one under the BBQ pit or easing thru the flowers. I would catch them and release them into the nearby woods.

Not so much anymore. Last spring we had 7 young rat snakes IN THE HOUSE all within a week of each other. One in the kitchen sink, one on the kitchen countertop, (how did they get there) two on the kitchen floor, one in the laundry room, found a dead one where the dogs sleep, and one coming out of the bathroom.

My wife thinking if they could get on the counter they could be anywhere. Boy that was fun. Check the floor before she got off the couch, check the bed, wake up and go check out the bathroom if she had to go. Are there any in the kitchen, laundry room, etc...

If there is one thing that will make your skin crawl its the extreme high pitch scream from your wife ....COME KILL THIS (edit) SNAKE!

Now if they are anywhere in the yard, well let's just say they are fair game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back