free website stats program Anyone else use rain gear this way? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone else use rain gear this way?

Get some toe and hand warmers, [Costco ] put the hand warmers in the vest pocket, or if you don't care for hair, stick the on your chest, kind of gives you something to look forward to later on. Toe warmers work for about 4-6 hrs depending on how cold it is. I carry the toe warmers all the time, don't take up much room and really work good.

been known to put the rain gear over my street clothes then put my leathers over the rain suit! Also have taken the plastic sacks the sandwich bread comes in and put them on over my socks then put my boots on!!!!! :cheers

I have used mine a few times. Especially if it gets dark & the temp drops fast. I will use anything & everything in my bags to keep warm. Yes it does get cold here in Florida.

By the way, this thread reminded me of the first time getting caught on my motorcycle in cold weather, 40 deg F coming home from a long ride with only a light leather jacket and jeans. Bought a 10 cent newspaper, opened it half way and put it under my jacket and rode about 100 miles...rain gear...why? I was a fair weather rider...never thought the temperature would drop that low before I got home.

Last edited:
I too wear the rain gear if I get cold. I'd do whatever it takes to get warm. It's also nice having the old lady behind me to snuggle with. The added body heat helps. :bigsmiley24:

Sure you can. However you may start to sweat and will really get cold. Best bet is to layer your clothing. Start with "Body Armor" these are lightweight longjohns; then riding shirt and pants. I like the Harley riding shirt and a pair of jeans. Next put on some leather chaps and a leather riding jacket. Leather will block the wind better than most fabrics. Make sure to protect the hands and feet. Once the feet are cold the whole body is cold.

I've used mine as a wind blocker over my leathers but found that layering with my leather vest under my leather jacket and pants works better. And I don't have to hassle with packing it up when it gets warmer. Along with chaps, I don't feel any wind and stay warm.

I wear the pants to my raingear for warmth. I don't own a set of chaps (yet) and I decided to try it on a ride recently when the temp was in the 30's. It worked just fine. I don't own any heated gear and probably won't get any as I don't expect to ride too much in extremely cold weather. But it's good to know that the raingear will help in a pinch.

Back