free website stats program Anyone else use rain gear this way? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone else use rain gear this way?

My jacket has a windbreaker layer that acts much like my Harley rain suit. I have full set of Gerbing heated socks, pants, jacket liner and gloves with a two zone thermostat and on/off switch.

With that combination of gear I ride on the highway all the way down to temps 25 degrees unless there is ice or snow.

When temp is about 45 to 55, I use only the gloves and jacket liner.

Very warm and comfortable

Get some toe and hand warmers, [Costco ] put the hand warmers in the vest pocket, or if you don't care for hair, stick the on your chest, kind of gives you something to look forward to later on. Toe warmers work for about 4-6 hrs depending on how cold it is. I carry the toe warmers all the time, don't take up much room and really work good.
Great idea Joel. I do something similar when I go fishing. I buy on sale at the Job Lot store, 18 hr. body warmers for a buck apiece!! I stick them in my cargo pants pocket and in my vest pocket, and cinch it all down with my chest wader belt and it locks in all that heat. Eighteen hours of heat for a buck is pretty cheap. There's no reason why we can't do the same thing when we go riding.
The trick is to keep the heat "locked in".
HC

Back