free website stats program Anyone else use rain gear this way? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone else use rain gear this way?

SportyHawg

I just got a new rain suit and am planning on wearing it as a wind block against the colder temps. Anyone else do this?

I looked at the heated stuff. But its too expensive. I thought I'd give this a try for an additional layer to see how it works.

I like the high-vis orange!

I just got a new rain suit and am planning on wearing it as a wind block against the colder temps. Anyone else do this?

I looked at the heated stuff. But its too expensive. I thought I'd give this a try for an additional layer to see how it works.

I use my rain suit for the cooler temps. It works! :cheers

I have a nylon 2 piece rainsuit and on ocassion have used it over my leathers for an extra layer of warmth. I do not have thermal gear, keeping to the Sportster "minimalist roots". I used it on my full fairing'd Katana before it moved to warm and sunny Arizona (son in law did not need the rainsuit...LOL)! :bigsmiley24:

Basically anything like a trash bag or newspaper will block the wind when worn under your jacket. A lot of people I know carry a large trash bag as an emergency rain suit or just to keep the wind from hitting you in the chest.

Yep, done that! Rain suit works well.
Also tried heated gloves, but did not like it much; fingers too warm without a thermostat while toes are freezing. Boggled the mind. Expense of more electric stuff was not a priority. Found it better to have all extremities equally unhappy.

I also use rain gear to get added warmth in cooler weather--especially in the early am on the way to work!

Works well-- by keeping the wind off you feel warmer.

Same here...layers with rain gear on top. Battery operated electric socks snowmobile gloves , neck gator, full face snowmobile helmet and I am ready to roll.

Back