free website stats program Any regrets for going to true duels? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Any regrets for going to true duels?

The slight loss going to the TD is from the lack of the scavenging that is present with the stock setup that has the crossover.

Glider,
Will going to the slip-on's reduce the temp some? I understand the whole concept of scavenging and I am supprised that more companies that offer true duels don't design sometype of crossover under the frame to make up for this.

V&H TD with powerchamber, python slipons, stage one with PCV w/autotune, cooler, no noticable loss of low end torque and sounds great, love the set-up/:s

So maybe a more practical way to go would be slip-ons, fuel programer and stage 1? Might save an extra $300 but no truel duel look. Also, no loss in torque, not that it would be very noticable.

I am a true dual hater, had some samson TD's on a 08 and the rear head pipe cracked and broke, due to the thiness of the material they use, went back to stock pipes and never looked back,

I also have some slip ons and a pc3 and still prefer oem to aftermarket.

Glider,
Your picture looks as if you have the stock exhaust. Did you do slip-ons and any other mods?

bikerfishman, don't you miss the sound of an aftermarket exhaust?

Glider,
Your picture looks as if you have the stock exhaust. Did you do slip-ons and any other mods?

bikerfishman, don't you miss the sound of an aftermarket exhaust?

Pete I am with glider on this one, stock works good for me, and the performance seems better, and I get better MPG with the stock setup.
Finaly he dog rides with me alot of the time and he likes the stock pipes better too, not to mention that the stock pipes don't bounce the sound off my trailer either when pulling that

Attachments

• DSCF3852.JPG
    DSCF3852.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 8
I have an 04 came with TDs,.VH head pipes,SE mufflers,sounded great but seemed lazy off the bottom,.switched to Rineheart 2 into 1,.much much better,.runs like its got a big bore kit,..won't ever go back,..

Back