free website stats program Any regrets for going to true duels? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Any regrets for going to true duels?

I have an '06 and used the Fullsac true dual kit to make the change. I love mine and helped 2 other people put thers on. They like theres also.

No regrets, put them on the 07 RK SE with set of 575 Redshift cams, and Thunder Max auto tuner to help fine tune the rear cylinder. No more heat from this beast. The power curve was pushed out a bit 2000-6000 rpms. I now have to fill up around 100 miles on the 5 Gal tank. That’s the only draw back I have, Oh by the way my right wrist gets sore from the heavy handed throttle just to here the sound of the Rineharts with this bike. :D

A set of V&H head pipes with some wild pig slip on's are very hard to beat for sound and performance...all for about half the $$$ of the Rineharts

As many have stated already, often the loss of a few horsepower may occur with true duals...but if done properly with a crossover pipe that loss is minimal at best. Also many riders do not like the "look of 2 into 1, and if you go with 2 into 1 into 2 there really is not much difference...if properly designed in all three cases.

I have no regrets, I ran straight pipes and properly tuned Stage I mods made the look, sound and performance much more than stock...your ride you decide.

I went with the Vance and Hines (personal preference) true duals and 4" slip ons on my 2000 FLHTC. I cut the baffles in half, installed torque cones, put in a jet kit and Stage I Air Filter. Took a few trial and errors on the needle length and jet sizes but now she runs like a top. No coughs or backfires and no rattle when backing down. There is no sound like true duals - Your gonna love it.

Last edited:
Lots of good positive answers. Thanks.... With that being said, has anyone gone from slip-on's to true duels? If so why and did it make that much of a difference. Also what was the difference. It almost sounds like a better combo might be slip-on's, air cleaner and fuel manager. No loss in power or torque with the stock cross over.

Back