free website stats program Any regrets for going to true duels? | Harley Davidson Forums

Any regrets for going to true duels?

PeteINny

I was thinking about going with Rinehart True duels. I was debating on weather to go with slip-ons instead. Aside from the price difference, does anyone have regrets with going with true duels?

I LOVE the true duels that I have on my RG I have the Vance & Hines on mine . I like the V&H pipes because they are not a 2 piece pipe the left & right pipes are 1 piece with no seams the chrome is also 1 piece so there are no seams in the chome , a real nice clean look IMO . The true duels also take care of the exhaust heat on the right leg & I like the performance I get from the pipes .

I have true duels on my 08 Ultra and love them. They sound great and look great. My buddy has a 09 with slips ons and also sounds good. I guess it is all in how much money you want to spend.
Shinny side up Rubber side down!!!!!! Ride safe

Thanks for the replies. Has anyone noticed any decrease in torque? Is this corrected to some degree with the addition of a power commander other computer?

Pete

The loss with the TD is only slight but in most cases people are looking for the max out of the bike and any loss would be frowned on.

Is your bike stock now?

If you do True duels, an air cleaner, and a fuel manager, you will see such an improvement in heat displacement and power, you'll wonder why you hadn't done it earlier. (Plus the cool factor, they look good and sound good.)
Unless you plan on putting it on the dyno, you'll never know if there was a torque loss. The "seat of the pants" wont be able to tell.

Thanks, I did not think the loss with true duels would be that great. I am not looking for max power or anything like that. How about fuel mileage. Does anyone notice any gain or loss after going with true duels and a tuner?

I had Rinehart TD's with quiet baffles on my 07 RK...loved them, and had plenty of low end for touring. Now I have a 2010 RK with a Fatcat...love the big torque down low. If, Rinehart wouldn't have changed their pipe plumbing (don't like the look of over and under), I would have gotten them again.

Thorns

I put true duals on my 08 a year ago, love the sound, the heat is down and I didnt really notice any power loss. But then again I ride for pleasure not performance..

I have Reinhart True Duals and love them. I have the least restrictive baffles, the wife does wish they were a little quieter on longer trip, but I have no complaints.
I did a full Stage One when they were installed and noticed a welcome improvement in torque and overall performance. I had a slight drop in MPG but have no regrets and would do it again. :D :D

Back