Votes: 17 16.2%
  • Makes no difference to me

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Don't understand them

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pull a trailer and love it. with my previous harley i had to make a fast stop. as you know the rear end will slide out on you and the trailer pushed the rear on around and to the ground. you have no control when the bike is laying on its side, slidding down the road. the abs works great at keeping the bike under control.

I make few panic stops but if I did make one I would want abs.Face it HD brakes leave alot to be desired.I would buy them on a new bike for safety as well as resale.That being said I ride without them daily.

Honestly expecting a better resale price because of the ABS may leave you a bit disappointed. I have had CVO bikes that cost about 10K more than the average bikes but at resale time I was lucky to get just a few more dollars than the regular model without all the glitz of the CVO bike.
Resale on a harley isn't what it used to be before the market was flooded by the MOCO

And if you have to wack the rear brake alone to lay it down deliberately,How do you do it??:bigsmiley21:

Hopefully with good tactics and ABS you wouldn't need too, though ABS would allow you to scrub off as much speed as possible and probably once heeled over the bike is high centered wheels off the ground, ABS probably would not be working anyway. :small3d024:

And if you have to wack the rear brake alone to lay it down deliberately,How do you do it??:bigsmiley21:

When I used to ride dirt bikes I would use this method if someone dumped in front of me and it looked like I was going to run them over and hurt them.I'm not going to try it on an 800lbs. street bike!:bigsmiley31:

When I used to ride dirt bikes I would use this method if someone dumped in front of me and it looked like I was going to run them over and hurt them.I'm not going to try it on an 800lbs. street bike!:bigsmiley31:

Hey Steve, I am with you, just wanted the poster to know that if you panic, ABS is the least of your worries...:panic

"READ...DO NOT PANIC"...laying 'er down is 99.9% of the time NOT AN OPTION! :devil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back