Votes: 17 16.2%
  • Makes no difference to me

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Don't understand them

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that he was only allowed 10 minutes on the computer or else!:bigsmiley20:

You know Rich, 10 minutes doesn't get him too far.

I was glad I had them (on my 08 V-Rod) last Saturday, when a little old lady made a left turn right in front of me. I mentioned to my wife on the back that if we had been on the other bike (84 FXR) we would have ended up in her driver's seat.

In 45 yrs of riding I've never had to do it, BUT, I have seen it done once successfully. The rider probably wouldn't have kept his head, but is this case it did work, with minimal damage all around. As for me, I'd rather just not get into that position from the start! I've had close calls, but so far I've managed to avoid crashing one. I have however dropped one a few times!

My dealer asked me why I was insisting on ABS. Probably because he had one in the right color on his floor and it didn't have the ABS. I waited the extra 10 days to get one with ABS. I want them for wet roads.

Can you intentionally lock the front wheel/brake of 09 SG with ABS and do burnouts? I know it is stupid, but I like doing it. I just don't know if the wheels are independent or if that is even possible to do. I would assume that you can you still smoke the rear tire as long as the brake isn't engaged.

Thanks

I plan to try this at some point. I'm the same way. It's just another way to blow off steam.

scan0001.jpg

Only after there is already 12k on the rear tire and less then a mile from the tire shop!:D

Its kind of funny how we have all done things that we think will be cool at the time ,but end up:small3d023::small3d023::wall:wall

I was riding down one of my favorite back roads today (13 curves) and there are quite a few straightaways where you can hit 80 easy when a deer popped out of the ditch and flew across the road. I was probably only doing about 50 when I hit the brakes (mainly front, bad habit, I know). Outside of the front end lowering considerably, I stopped in no time in a nice straight line. Never felt like I was losing control once. I came to a complete stop to let the fawns cross right in front of me. This is my first bike with ABS and quite honestly I don't even think about them but it's nice to know they are there when you need them. I will say that they will take some getting used to as in the past on an older bike without ABS, the few emergency stops usually resulted in a rear end swing of about 2 to 3 feet during lockup. One other bonus to buying a new bike with ABS is, when I went to the dealership and was picking out my bike, the only SG in Black Pearl didn't have ABS. So the service guys did a sheet metal swap with a Vivid Black with ABS and I got a FREE security system! I guess it was easier to leave it on than take it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back